tanbunstoo

International 664

20 posts in this topic

I just recently purchased an international 664. Body is rough, front end loader had many leaks as well as almost every hydraulic fitting. But the engine purrs like a kitten. My question is this: there are many parts missing, like connecting rods for TA, 3 point hitch lever, brake lock attachments, mounting bolts for the rims, ect, ect. Where can I find these parts?

I will take picks and attach ASAP. And I'll get the vin number for those keeping a list of these tractors.

Most of the small parts you need are the same as a 656 utility. The only difference between the 2 is the engine.  Eason

P M. me your sn/  I am keeping the list.

Like Eason said 664 is a 656utility with the German 239 engine.

Ray 

Thank y'all so much. Now I have a direction to search. I'll get the s/n today as well as a couple of pics.

The hood and radiator side panels (sheet metal) are the same as a 544 diesel utility.  Eason

Serial number is 2567.

I have found the PTO does not work under stress, works fine until the bush hog gets in thick grass. Then it stops. I figure it's the PTO clutch pack. So I'm studying and for the life of me I can't find either a filler spot or a level screw. It appears the drain plug is under the tow bar. Anyone know specifically where all this is. I bought the parts and service manuals but they don't show either of them.

You are right if PTO stops under load the clutch pack needs rebuild

Not a bad job but you need a way to keep the spring from flying out and injuring yourself

preferably a shop press & be careful.

Also put in the extra fiber disc when you put it back together.

I went ahead and ordered the heavy duty pack, it has 7 fiber and 9 steel. I figured the extra steel could go on either end of the pack. Is this correct?

By the way, how much pressure are we talking about with this spring. Is it something I could hold with strength, human, or is that tool needed? I do have a small shop press.

Yes to the press,   & correct on the clutch pack.

So very thankful to talk to folks that actually know what they're talking about!!! Thank you!!!

Update: got the clutch pack in. PTO appears to be working, haven't been able to get it out in weeds yet.

I had a leak in the radiator and had to get that repaired. I can't seem to find in the manuals a thermostat, is this because there is not one on this model?

I replaced the alternator with one that's for this tractor and I'm reading an increase in Voltage at the battery with an increase of rpm, I'm thinking this is correct. But what is the range I should be looking for?

If y'all know of web sites with this info on it, if be more than glad to go look it myself. Very thankful for all the knowledge y'all bestow upon me.

2810.jpeg

Volt meter should read 13 to 14 volts.

CIH Dealer should have  the right thermostat, if not I can get the part # for you.

Ray

Did you buy I&T manuals for it? Or perhaps crappy reprints? If so you may want to check ebay for originals or binder books for high quality and COMPLETE reprints. The I&T manuals leave some things out as do some of the lower quality reprints not to mention being hard to read in some spots. Not a bad lookin tractor all in all!

My 664 is leaking out the same side axle seal also.  Eason

Don't know if TA works or not via not connected. There's a piece missing. As soon as I find it I'll try that. Thanks so much folks.

For things  like drain plugs look up the rear housing and under that number you will see a list of items that have no reference number, You will have to find your plug there.

Thermostat you will need the parts book for a D-239 engine and you will find all your engine parts listed there. Goodluck.

I bought the good manuals, but I haven't bought the engine manual yet. I figured since I couldn't find it in the ones I have it must be in the one I don't. Then I was reading some IH tractors don't have a thermostat. Does the D in D239 represent nothing more than diesel? And the 239 is a for gasoline.

Does anyone know of anybody that's parting out one of these tractors? I'm finding it hard to locate a couple of parts, since they are discontinued.

Since they only made 899,  664 tractors  salvage is hard to find, but as Eason says most parts are the same on a 656 utility except the engine.

Sheet metal & some other parts are the same as 544 utility, except the fenders are 656U so thats a help in finding parts.

Ray