Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pt756

fender extensions on 350?

3 posts in this topic

does everybody use the fender extensions or do they just put the fenders right on with out the extensions?

Do what ever you like.   I have seen them bolted to axle, with spacers on axles, and all other combos

Nate

I think most people use the extensions that set the fenders farther away from the seat.  There's enough stuff on 350 Farmall's in the way of getting into the seat that getting the fenders out closer to the tires helps getting on/off a lot.  The T/A lever, that big long gear shift lever, the PTO lever,  and if you have a Fast Hitch equipped tractor they don't have good places to put your feet like the standard drawbar tractors.   48-49 years ago when Dad traded the '39 H for the Super H I could run flat out at the back of those tractors, hit the drawbar with one foot and be sitting squarely in the seat with my foot pushing the clutch in when I stopped. Now days I get on/off a little (LOTS) slower!  Back then I got on/off the 450 with FH slow too.  After the first step onto the bent rebar foothold on the left side of the drawbar the next steps were slow and careful.  From about 1965 till 1967 or '68 the 450 had a Koehn tractor cab on it, one you got on/off thru the left side of the back of the cab. If the lower canvas enclosure was on you really watched, or tried to watch where you put hour feet climbing up into the seat.  I think that was part of the reason I was doing all the fieldwork back then!