Sign in to follow this  
pt756

my amish neighbors story

so this morning my amish neighbor levi was over used the phone then stepped into milking parlor conversation took place and said he is going out to Pennsylvania for a wedding. so levi who moved  here to Wisconsin 2 years ago to marry our widow amish neighbor. barb her husband andy died 3 years ago from stomach cancer really nice guy. at that time our widow neighbor barb she was about 40 and here comes levi he was 25 and she had 6 children, (she was levi,s teacher out east) well it looks like it is working they now have had a child together.no big deal. so I asked levi who is getting married out east he said it his wife barb old father in law who lost his wife a year ago to cancer also  he is going to marry his levi,s  current wife barb younger sister sister who is about 40 now and has never been married and the new bridegroom who lost his wife last year to cancer. I don't even know if it is legal but would make a good tv show,

And people wonder why they have so many cross eyed kids......

the neighbor does have 2 dwarf children that were born with a lot of health problems extra fingers heart problems etc.

I am not sure I can even follow this without a flowchart🙄

Instead of a family tree its more like a family tumbleweed

47 minutes ago, ChrisNY said:

I am not sure I can even follow this without a flowchart🙄

Instead of a family tree its more like a family tumbleweed

^^    That's hilarious

Im my own grandpa...

MY BROTHERS  SISTERS   COUSINS DAD OR WHAT... I NEED TO WRITE THIS OUT ON PAPER TO PUT THIS TOGETHER. THEY ALL ARE MOVING IN TOGETHER AND LIVE HAPPLY AFTER. LOL

You beat me to it Mader !!!

Alan

Than klan here go by the rule married once thats it widowed or one spouse leaves cant get remarried! One poor woman was left with 15 kids father/husband left amish the oldest son worked for my dad then one weekend the mother and 6 kids were in a buggy stopped at the end of a road horses darted in front of a semi truck mother and 2 or 3 kids died! So the rest of the family's took in the 12 or 13 kids! 

One big happy family!!

1 hour ago, Gleaner k2 said:

Than klan here go by the rule married once thats it widowed or one spouse leaves cant get remarried! One poor woman was left with 15 kids father/husband left amish the oldest son worked for my dad then one weekend the mother and 6 kids were in a buggy stopped at the end of a road horses darted in front of a semi truck mother and 2 or 3 kids died! So the rest of the family's took in the 12 or 13 kids! 

Are you sure the horse bolted or wasn't kicked into a gallop?? 15 kids? 

I knew of an Amish family that the oldest son was referred to as ; "the Father and the Brother of the others"

Hmmm, that sounds like something the clan would do around me, and I know they have clansmen in Wisconsin?....  Is it a Stotzfuss(sp?)......?????

1 hour ago, 5088downunder said:

Are you sure the horse bolted or wasn't kicked into a gallop?? 15 kids? 

Yea they had that many crazy!

got one about as good for you. The gal i date her granddaughter had a boyfriend about 8 years ago and he was staying with them for the night and her mom said you are not going to stay in her room you come in and stay in my room and sleep on the floor as i don't want you sleeping with my daughter. Well you guessed it. Mom got pregnant to daughters boyfriend. Now 7 years or so later after the boy has been paying the lady child support and all her daughter and the boyfriend start dating and all hellll broke loose. I don't think it is going to go anywhere but it is a heck of a deal lets see how would this go

Mom

Daughter and her little step sister

Now if daughter and old boyfriend was to make a kid  how would you name that relationship with the family besides MESS 

Ok origianl post.....the gals FORMER FATHER IN LAW is marrying her sister ? Had to read it a few times and think about it lol

I can't help it---I gotta link to this, because Suzey Lee has a similar situation----

Listen till the end.

Mike

Happened years ago up here also. My dad's uncle married a  young lady . Uncles father who was a widower married ladies widowed mother. The older couple probably married for companionship more than love. What was more a bigger scandal back then my dad's aunt on his mother's side answered a lonely heart ad in the paper and married a Norwegian from Minnesota. Big scandal a German marriage to a Norwegian. This was back in the early 30s and mid 1940s

19 hours ago, pt756 said:

so this morning my amish neighbor levi was over used the phone then stepped into milking parlor conversation took place and said he is going out to Pennsylvania for a wedding. so levi who moved  here to Wisconsin 2 years ago to marry our widow amish neighbor. barb her husband andy died 3 years ago from stomach cancer really nice guy. at that time our widow neighbor barb she was about 40 and here comes levi he was 25 and she had 6 children, (she was levi,s teacher out east) well it looks like it is working they now have had a child together.no big deal. so I asked levi who is getting married out east he said it his wife barb old father in law who lost his wife a year ago to cancer also  he is going to marry his levi,s  current wife barb younger sister sister who is about 40 now and has never been married and the new bridegroom who lost his wife last year to cancer. I don't even know if it is legal but would make a good tv show,

Levi isn't opening a store and raises calves by any chance does he? long shot but had to ask

they have always had a dry goods store repackage a lot of stuff, milks organic cows and raises carrots and is now fixing buggy wheels.

Normally the family tree should be more than a fence post...  I can appreciate taking care of family in need but not "taking care :wub:" of family in need. 

Local guy here got remarried. It ended up that his brother in law then married his daughter. So now his brother in law is also his son in law