89vmax

i wonder how many 50 series are left

with all the looking online at ih tractors I often wonder how many 50 series are left out of 18,000 produced. I have a real soft spot for them hate seeing them in salvage yards

5488 front assist here

my family has a total of 5    5088 52 and 3   54"s

5288 here........would love a 88 with mfd, although my next tractor will probably be either a 3488 or a 6*88.image.jpg.8d026ba8f65eec3714845290dafee75b.jpg

Probably more still around than you might think. I have only seen two 5088 and one 5288 parted out over the years. Very few compared to 86 series and the new MX Magnums. Mind you the MXs were all cab burnouts  

84' 5288 FWA here. 

11 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

5288 here........would love a 88 with mfd, although my next tractor will probably be either a 3488 or a 6*88.image.jpg.8d026ba8f65eec3714845290dafee75b.jpg

Tyler - Is the blue tarp a "Winter Front"?  

83 5288 and 82 5488 here. Both 2wd. 

I have a 5488 2wd but it is in the shop for trans work (clutches).  Down here in the south there are alot in the salvage yards.  They (5x88) don't have a following here.  In fact I have seen more parted out than running...  Thx-Ace

2- 5088 salvage 3- 5088 good 2- 5288 salvage

1 hour ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

Tyler - Is the blue tarp a "Winter Front"?  

I imagine all the snow from the blower comes over the top and get sucked right down with the forward cooling system.

1 hour ago, acem said:

I have a 5488 2wd but it is in the shop for trans work (clutches).  Down here in the south there are alot in the salvage yards.  They (5x88) don't have a following here.  In fact I have seen more parted out than running...  Thx-Ace

As a percentage do you think it is more or less than the number of 86 series that are cut up? In my part of the continent there are many 86 series that have been cut up and parted. And I am seeing a lot of the first two series of MX Magnums being cut up due to cab fires. There were two just cut up last year at a yard about 20 miles from me. 

I have a 5088

Dont own one personally, but there are 2 5488s and a 5288 local

'84 5488 MFD and '82 5488 2wd

I have a 5288.

There are 2 other 52's, a 54, and a 50 that I know of.

A buddy just picked up a 5288 about 2 months ago. Drove it 140 miles home from the sale. Not a whole lot of them here local. 

I dint think there are any for 5 counties.  Gonzo has a 5088...well the remains of one😊 otherwise not 1 I can recall.  We gladly sold ours to a scrap yard years ago.  Must of got a lemon b/c it was always something.  Former owner was probably more likely the issue.

LoL, I covered it because I didn't want 20" down in there during the storm, and then I covered it later to keep the blowing snow out of it where it was sitting as just out of the picture it's an open field and the winds really move the snow across it.   I took the tarp off during use.

My friend in Illinois has a restored family 45o. Does that count or does the 50 have to be at the beginning?

DWF

83 5488  also another 54 50 and 2 52s in the neighborhood.