89vmax

i wonder how many 50 series are left

45 posts in this topic

5088 here ,5100 hours , original owner .

Don't know of another one anywhere in the area

Cousin has a 5488 MFWD with a loader.  It's pretty much reduced to running a grain vac.  Only 50 series I have ever seen.

1984 5288 and 1981 3688

I have a late 5288 mfwd, know of a 2 54, 52 & 50 off the top of my head. Oh and a 3688

Have a 5088 here, running, working. 2,200 hours.

Ross 

5488 MFD is the only one left on our place, had two years ago had a 5488 2wd, 5488 MFD, and a 5288 2wd.  Both 2wd's were sold to other guys in the area.  As far as I know they are still around.

I have an 81 5288 2wd #1599

I have. A 5488 mfwd and a 5288

More MFD's than I expected..........guy posted a British 5288 mfd on AG talk that had a ZF under it, if you could swap the center guts into one out of a 4450 it might turn well enough to make me happy.  Why did they put a ZF under one for there and not use them here?

I have a 1984 2wd 5488, a 1984 MFD 5488 and a 1981 3488 hydro.  All for sale!  Time to move on.

Matt

Off topic i don't have any 50 series but i know about the time to move on. After a while it gets really old buying batterys and maintaining a bunch of shed queens. I'd keep my Hydros but wouldn't miss the rest.

1 hour ago, 856 Custom said:

Off topic i don't have any 50 series but i know about the time to move on. After a while it gets really old buying batterys and maintaining a bunch of shed queens. I'd keep my Hydros but wouldn't miss the rest.

I didn't mean it like that,  I have them all fixed up, restored, or still in original condition,  they hardly get used and the MFD is just sitting.  

George, I cant really tell you about the ratio of salvage vs 86 series.  I have seen so few 5x88 in any location because they are so rare here.  When they were for sale new nobody had any money here.  I can say that I have seen 3 in the salvage yard to every one I saw running.  However I have a friend who owns a salvage yard so I am there more often than some.  I have never seen a 3x88 in a salvage yard but I have seen some that looked the part...  Thx-Ace

When did they go to the long hydraulic levers? My 5088 is serial 3880 and has the short levers. Where they optional already in 82? My tractor is a pretty stripped down version it has the short levers, Only the main fuel tank, N o flood lights. It does have a 3 point and the sticker says it came from Midland Sd. Not sure if that's the dealer it came from as I cbought it used by Bismarck nd.

I can account for probably a couple hundred 5x88's through here.  

Mike

1984 5288 MFWD 46th last one built 5460 hours. Starting to see a few in clearing sales.

Not many out here.

Few that were seemed to catch fire pretty easy . Have a neighbor that darn near lost his shop because of a 50 series .

Quite a few burnt caucuses at Salvage yard south of me.

Tony 

I have three 5288's; two square axle and one round axle. Two run; one needs an inframe. Use to see a few of these in the few salvage yards here in the mid south but they seem to be disappearing quickly.

There's a 5288 in russiaville, IN.