Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Petey

5488 lift arms

4 posts in this topic

I have a 5488 I just purchased. I'm not very familiar with this series tractor.  What could be the problem?  When you hit the hydraulic levers they will move a little.  There is also a winding sound coming from right side of tractor it seems like. 

Welcome to the forum , you better start with hyd filters and see what  the oil looks like . There is a bolt you need to back out on the rear filters before taking the cover off or you will have about 25 gals of oil in your 5 gal pail !! 

Send Mike Links a note on here , Tripple R Tractor , he is the 50 series expert for the US and Canada !! 

Danny 

2 hours ago, DirtBoyz07 said:

Welcome to the forum , you better start with hyd filters and see what  the oil looks like . There is a bolt you need to back out on the rear filters before taking the cover off or you will have about 25 gals of oil in your 5 gal pail !! 

Send Mike Links a note on here , Tripple R Tractor , he is the 50 series expert for the US and Canada !! 

Danny 

Mike goes by 88seriesrestorer here on the forum.

Thanks for letting me join.  Im still figuring out how all this works on here.