KK560

Any trucks that used the C263?

Were there any trucks that had the C263? If so, what transmission did they use?

The C263 wasn't used in trucks. With that being said, if I remember correctly, the C263 was developed FROM a truck engine.

38 minutes ago, FarmallFan said:

The C263 wasn't used in trucks. With that being said, if I remember correctly, the C263 was developed FROM a truck engine.

What engine was it developed from? What truck was it used in? 

The BD264 was the truck version. No sleeves and I believe a higher compression ratio, and other differences like camshaft, etc. Same bellhousing bolt pattern, I think.

6 minutes ago, R Pope said:

The BD264 was the truck version. No sleeves and I believe a higher compression ratio, and other differences like camshaft, etc. Same bellhousing bolt pattern, I think.

3 11/16 x 4 1/8. A short stroke 282

What transmission did they use with it? I'm redoing a 1950 F6 with a straight 6 flatty and wondering what IH engine would be a good and easy swap if the flatty doesn't hold up. The transmission in it right now is a T98.

Saw a 67-72 f100 on craigslist i think a while back. Had a d282 in it. Claimed to get pretty good milage with it. Dont remember what tranny or if they even said.

I think the crankshaft is mounted a little lower in block on tractor engines. I know years ago was going to put a 403 combine engine in a h30 loader but it had truck engine in it. Bell housing bolts up but center line is off. 

Would a D282 fit if I drilled different holes in the back plate to match the bell housing bolt pattern?

282 has been done..discussed here ....IIRC factory prototype/short special run....they would make anything you had the $$ for....you will have to do more searching