5488ih

3688 tx184 auction

I see that in our local paper what is different about it?

You think there would be more pictures

You can see the red bleeding thru on frame and front axle from when it was a tester. Didn't it have the goofy computer in center of steering wheel?

Shifters are on the right hand side it says in the ad. Only about 20 minutes from me, might go check it out!

34 minutes ago, 1566 3588 said:

Shifters are on the right hand side it says in the ad. Only about 20 minutes from me, might go check it out!

The shifters were on the right on the 88 series. 

I  have set in that tractor a few years back at the red power roundup

IMG_0927.PNG

IMG_0928.PNG

My bad on the right hand shifters, never spent much time in an 88 series. Were the buttons on the steering wheel for testing purposes?

It says in the ad it is 1 of 5 , I wonder if that is correct and if the others still exist.

Is it my imagination or does the pic in the ad appear that the door opens the way they should have all opened?

There is a outside handle on the front pillar

Looks like a lower hinge built into rear fender to me. 

1 hour ago, 1066lover said:

Is it my imagination or does the pic in the ad appear that the door opens the way they should have all opened?

Here's a video of it from a few years ago when it was for sale. The doors look to open Magnum style. 

They should have built them all like the tx models. My 3688 is a pain to operate with the controls like they are and the doors suck too. 

Jerry

If they had of built the 86 series cab to that design, I would have bought one in the fall of 1976. 

Is this the original owner yet or did it change hands since I saw it at the roundup in Wisconsin.     It was for sale at the roundup if I remember correctly.

Nate

The shifting looks real nice, not sure about the pad in the middle of the steering wheel though. That looks like problems. You all think it will bring more than 32K?

Be nice if they could have built enough of them to go around. That looks like the tractor we deserved. It would have been nice to have the 5488 engine with that package.

Is this prototype a 3688 being developed into the next series that never came because of the merger or is this the prototype that became the 3688?

20 minutes ago, BOBSIH856 said:

Is this prototype a 3688 being developed into the next series that never came because of the merger or is this the prototype that became the 3688?

It's what would have been coming out after the 3688. 

3 hours ago, 1066lover said:

Be nice if they could have built enough of them to go around. That looks like the tractor we deserved. It would have been nice to have the 5488 engine with that package.

There is a 5488 out there set up with a magnum style layout and single door that was a prototype with everything on the right like that. 

I have seen it on here but my chance of owning it are directly tied to my winning the powerball. My point was the "perfect storm" of all factors kinda screwed us out of what appears to be a pretty nice machine leading up to the magnum? rather than the hermaphrodite painted red 94 series pos.

58cad82d8fa19_5488magnumstylecab.jpg.d0bb972171e046546b7b8dc7ec40caa9.jpg58cad83a3ec88_5488magnumstylecabb.jpg.3ff374f9edd621c365cfa5ff8135dde3.jpg

These were posted on here a while back "5488 prototype"