Sign in to follow this  
farmallmd

1066 Wheatland????

Has anybody ever heard of a 1066 wheatland? Saw one on TractorHouse and didn't know if it was some sort of custom or if they came from the factory that way.

Factory, not many made. Basically a row crop but with a fixed setback front axle and Prolly wide, 34" rear tires. TA, 3 point, pto, hydraulics were all options on them.

Aside from the prototype seen on the literature, I don't think they ever used a fixed or set back axle on the 66 series. Full coverage (wheatland style) fenders were available, but all other options could be purchased on any tractor- row crop or wheatland.

brewcrew is correct. The only difference is the full coverage fenders and no 3 point hitch. I had a 966  that I wrecked exactly the same as that 1066 on tractor house, all had adjustable front axles. They are not real special and a dead horse with no 3 point unless you add it on. I just bought a 1466 and a 5088 both with no 3 point.

I think one on tractor house is a retro-fit with 56/06 parts. Easiest way to tell is 66 series wide coverage fenders had square flasher on both fenders. They were the only series with wide fenders with flahing light on right side. I believe the fenders and mounts are different as well. The floorboard for 66/68 wide coverage fenders is unique to those fenders/models as well. An original set of fenders and that floorboard are super hard to find and bring $$$$.