Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1568 whereabouts?

36 posts in this topic

Hi,

im trying to locate my 1568 and thought I would ask here and see if anyone knows about it. 

I sold it in early 2007.  I listed it on eBay and the guy that bought it was from the Midwest somewhere. I can't remember what state.

I know he came to Colorado with a big ford pickup and flatbed to haul it. 

He also bought my 5488 two wheel drive. 

The tractor was a 1974 or early 75 white side hoods originally but I had repainted it as black stripe with flat top fenders. Had hyd tombstone seat, and short chrome pipes  

I would just like to see if he still has it and if he has been happy with it. 

I would love to buy it back but that's not important if he doesn't want to sell. Just would like to know its status as it was my first tractor and I hated to sell it but I was in a jam and had to. 

Any info would be appreciated. 

Dennis. 

DO YOU HAVE THE SERIAL NUMBER? GO BACK THREW YOU PHONE BILLS IF YOU SAVED THEM..

Good suggestions but unfortunately my house burned down in 2015 and I lost all those kinds of records. 

Thanks for the ideas anyway. :)

If you sold it on eBay, try going into your account history and see if you can find the user name who bought it. Then you should be able to message the person that bought it. Second, there may be some email history in whatever account you use for eBay, might be able to find an email address there.

Thanks for the reply.

I had that thought, I haven't used eBay in years. I still remember my eBay user name but I can't remember my password. If I try and reset password it's going to send new password to an email I haven't had in 7 years and have no way of opening.  So I keep trying to remember old password but so far I can't. I will keep trying to get onto my eBay account as I agree with you, that will be my best chance 

thanks

I don't think ebay keeps records available to users that far back. You can only look at completed auctions for about 90 days, and I think basic information about the sale for one year. After that it is archived and no longer available to the general public.

So you're looking for some tractor bought by some guy from somewhere in some state... Not really much to go on, and pretty hopeless sounding if you ask me, but I've been wrong before. Last one I said was hopeless generated several leads, but that guy at least had a serial number.

1 hour ago, Matt Kirsch said:

So you're looking for some tractor bought by some guy from somewhere in some state... Not really much to go on, and pretty hopeless sounding if you ask me, but I've been wrong before. Last one I said was hopeless generated several leads, but that guy at least had a serial number.

Sounds bad when you put it like that. Haha. 

I guess my thought on posting was the off chance that the guy might be a member and the story would sound correct to him. 

I doubt I will find it but if I just set in my living room and don't try I am positive I won't. 

The guy told me he bought it to keep, so maybe he still has it, who knows. 

I don't even have a picture of it after the fire. 

All I have to remember it is my memory and loss of hearing. 

Did he pay you through pay pal or a check from a bank? Check your deposit records from your bank to see if there is a copy of the check?

He broght cash because I was nervous about taking a check. 

I had a bill of sale with serial number and his name but it burned up with most everything else. 

Not the end of the world if I can't find it but I figured I would try. 

Have you emailed eBay to see if they would look at their records?   They may be able to see more than you can.....   Good luck!

If you can remember where you got it maybe you can come up with a serial number and then contact Farmall Tom and see if he has that serial number listed. Bill

I bought it from original owner on his farm sale in 1983.  He was in his 70's then so I doubt he is still around. 

Would your tax person have records since you Prolly depreciated it out.

What about old insurance agents? Mine never ask put I always give them the serial number on the odd chance it gets stolen.

On 3/8/2017 at 2:37 PM, 1586 Jeff said:

Have you emailed eBay to see if they would look at their records?   They may be able to see more than you can.....   Good luck!

They don't keep records that far back. If you want to keep a record of the transactions, you have to save the emails. 

I feel for you. I've  been trying to find for years  the stage II  SM I grew up on . I traded it in '71  for an 806D &  have regretted ever since. Dealer sold it to a jockey who supposedly sold it in Wisconsin. Dealership has long been closed &  the dealer has passed away. My aunt had the original bill ofbsale from when my uncle bought it hew but I couldn't  find it when she passed away in '87.  Tractor had a  "Deluxe " 560 seat &  Behlen power steering. Some one said they had seen a similiar tractor in Canada but I've  pretty much given up hope of ever finding it but miracles do happen so I keep hoping. I've  bought a Louisville SM, and have a couple Stage 1 SMs & a SMTA but they're just not t h e same.

That's even a harder search than mine. Lots of SM out there.  Way more than 1568's. I will keep looking and asking around. Might trip over it someday. 

My tax papers were on cd so I have them but it only says 1568 tractor on depreciation schedule so that's a dead end. 

I might try and find some pics in realatives photo albums. Would be nice to have a pic to post. 

Try to find it and you might. If you aren't trying you almost certainly won't find it.

Good luck

18 minutes ago, bitty said:

Try to find it and you might. If you aren't trying you almost certainly won't find it.

Good luck

My thoughts exactly. 

Thanks

2 hours ago, boog said:

I feel for you. I've  been trying to find for years  the stage II  SM I grew up on . I traded it in '71  for an 806D &  have regretted ever since. Dealer sold it to a jockey who supposedly sold it in Wisconsin. Dealership has long been closed &  the dealer has passed away. My aunt had the original bill ofbsale from when my uncle bought it hew but I couldn't  find it when she passed away in '87.  Tractor had a  "Deluxe " 560 seat &  Behlen power steering. Some one said they had seen a similiar tractor in Canada but I've  pretty much given up hope of ever finding it but miracles do happen so I keep hoping. I've  bought a Louisville SM, and have a couple Stage 1 SMs & a SMTA but they're just not t h e same.

I have searched for years trying to figure out where all the tractors that were on my uncle's farm got to.  I spent most of my childhood there and lived to be at that place.  Mom and dad have the 52 H and the 47 M.  The one's missing are the Oliver 88, the MF50 and his TO30 Ferguson.  There was a 50 listed in my hometown on Craigslist recently that I was sure was the one.  It had a unique front push hitch and rear wheel weights on it which I don't see too often let alone seeing a 50 for sale locally.  Unfortunately I didn't have the funds for it or I would have bought it.  The 88 I was told at the sale went to near State College Pa and I know the auctioneer and he told me he does not have records that far back.  The TO30 I have no clue where it went but it too was unique as well because my uncle had a Ferguson loader on it at one time and the headlights were moved from the side of the hood to the top and it had the front steel hitch pieces of an old two bottom plow on the front made into a wagon pusher hitch.  Wish I could find them but I am sure they are all gone forever now.

To bad you couldn't get your hands on the 50 when it was available. keep your eye out as people's situations always change and it might be available again someday. 

My grandfather's first tractor was a B farmall , farmed with mules prior to it. Actually ordered a C but when it came they sent the B it was during the war so he couldn't be too picky. Got it home and head had I flaw in casting and water leaked between it and gasket so he took a wooden match and drove it in hole. Worked that way until sold in the early 1980s.  He passed in 2001 and my father started looking for it running adds and word of mouth. Found it in 2009 and finally purchased in 2011. My father knew it immediately from toolbox being moved and some welding on drawbar as well as flaw in head. Good luck it's possible.

Great story. Thanks for sharing that. 

Thanks, just kinda shows how hard farming and times were then we really have it pretty good. He was just a simple ,hard working, un educated, God fearing man. Only implement we still have that came with it is a sickle bar mower still in his barn.

21 hours ago, peanut said:

Thanks, just kinda shows how hard farming and times were then we really have it pretty good. He was just a simple ,hard working, un educated, God fearing man. Only implement we still have that came with it is a sickle bar mower still in his barn.

Thanks for saying those words. That's my grandparents and my parents in a nutshell as they say. Sums it up.