Sign in to follow this  
Indy Farmer

Wheels and tires, where to buy?

Just found an ebay special 1/16 3588. I want to make it a 7488 and looking for new versions of the original tires. I can repurpose the old ones, but I will need to find new tires and rims for duals. I looked on Dakotah toys and did a google search with no luck.

Image result for ih 3588 scale

Dakotah should have them , They are the same tires as AC 700o series , JD 5020 etc. The rims are $8 pr and the tires are $13 pr if I got them right and its a 2013 catalog . thye will have longer axles , decals and the axle caps..a chrome straight pipe would be nice too

Egli Toy Salvage 712 469 3949 ( best to call around 8 or 9 pm). he has buildings full of toys and is very knowledgeable

I checked the  Dakota Toy website

they have a nice set of Firestone 20.8 x38 tires if you wanted to customize it a little https://beonlinewebhosting.com/web/products.php?siteid=313&productid=100636

a set of grey dual rims https://beonlinewebhosting.com/web/products.php?siteid=313&productid=100512 

some grey rims for the inside https://beonlinewebhosting.com/web/products.php?siteid=313&productid=102387 

I believe the Dakota part number for the tires like you have is 08-002 but they appear to be discontinued. Egli will have them if that's what you want. The rims will work for both tires. Egli usually has fair prices

Just buy the new 7288 from the Wisconsin show and make it a 7488?  That is what I did.

But they made a 7488 from the old casting too.  Don't want you to do work that has already been done for you and that can be done easier with existing models.

But to each is own and have fun doing it.  Anyways, I do have a friend that makes IH castings out of Zinc and the rubber too.  He makes IH offset rims and they are sharp.  His name is Chuck Steffens.  He usually writes for the Toy Farmer too.  I can put you in touch with him if interested.

I had an extra 3588 precision and I changed up the wheels and put 68 series wheels all around to give it a beefier look and I added a black curved pipe.

20170221_180346.jpeg

Here is my 7488 that I changed the decals on a 7288 and added STS decals too.

15994421_152202905274819_4939752130898571560_o.jpg

Hi,

I'm looking for spare rims/wheels for the 5488 precision model's rear axle. Does anyone knows where to get them?

I live in germany and this scale model is not officially available here, bought it directly from an U.S. dealer.

Thanks!