red tractor fever

Looking for

Here's one for sale in Manitoba. I don't know if its close but maybe worth a call. I know alot of equipment around here was brought up from the states so you never know.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-heavy-equipment/winnipeg/international-model-826-farm-tractor/1236338925?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

db1486. Thanks for the lead. I sent a email immediately after finding your post. I will follow up with a phone call in the morning. Google maps shows 400 miles from Greenwald Minnesota where 15698 was found. Thanks again. I'll post my findings either way when I know.

UNFORTUNATELY the search must continue. I made my followup call this morning around 8. A nice lady answered the phone but was unable to answer my question. Her employee came in at 9 and would call me back. At 9:02 my phone rang. It is serial number 16277. I then asked if he knew the code numbers as this one is set up a bit different. He didn't know. The tractor is currently in about three feet of snow and it's about -20 in Canada at the moment. So he wasn't to eager to go out and look which I completely understand. 

My next hope is the one amsashooter knows about in Minnesota. 

I'm including pictures of 16277. The different configuration intrigued me but the number says no. Thanks again to db1486 for the lead. 

IMG_0936.JPG

IMG_0937.JPG

IMG_0938.JPG

1 hour ago, red tractor fever said:

UNFORTUNATELY the search must continue. I made my followup call this morning around 8. A nice lady answered the phone but was unable to answer my question. Her employee came in at 9 and would call me back. At 9:02 my phone rang. It is serial number 16277. I then asked if he knew the code numbers as this one is set up a bit different. He didn't know. The tractor is currently in about three feet of snow and it's about -20 in Canada at the moment. So he wasn't to eager to go out and look which I completely understand. 

My next hope is the one amsashooter knows about in Minnesota. 

I'm including pictures of 16277. The different configuration intrigued me but the number says no. Thanks again to db1486 for the lead. 

Yes it was -35c here this morning. That's too bad it's not it, but you never know. If I see any more I'll post it. I'm sure I saw one with duals for sale around winnipeg but I can't find it now. Maybe it was a 856. It was a while back now.

db1486, I agree with you, you just never know. I was really hoping this was it. Obviously for the sake of three in a row. I really liked its options to. Diamond cab looked pretty good and the Wheatland drawbar would have been good conversation starters at shows and rides. I guess the hunt continues. 

If it isn't the one you are looking for I might have to give a call.

Thanks amsashooter, just left a voicemail and sent a text. I'll post immediately what I find out after they get back to me. 

And FarmallTom, thanks for the lead, I've already got confirmation that the Des Moines Craigslist one isn't the one. I do like the looks of it tho. Eight bolt hubs and big rears. Looks like a horse ready to work.

While typing this reply I got a reply from the Minneapolis Craigslist guy. He's got three 826's and he's gonna check them all in the morning when he gets back to the farm and let me know. Stay tuned. I guess I'm not the only guy crazy enough to own several 826's. I'm hoping I can own one more. 

Thanks again guys. I appreciate all the help you guys have given with leads and well wishes.

Just got off the phone with the Minneapolis Craigslist guy. He has three 826's. None are the one I'm looking for. So amsashooter go for it. He did tell me the reason for selling was that they bought a nicer tractor for his wife to drive on the baler. So it's not junk. 

There's one on western Illinois Craigslist

Alan

All leads have been followed up on. I'm waiting to hear back from the AgDealer one in Canada. The rest resulted in numbers for my registry I began building so not all was lost. Western Illinois one was the closest at 15160. So the hunt continues. Thanks guys!

I was reading your post and am interested in your search. I currently own three 826 tractors, I will look up my numbers this weekend if I remember when i am at my farm.  One of my 826 tractors came from minnesota and the other from middle eastern south dakota. I am currently located in northeast nebraska. I myself am thinking of starting a 826 search for my dads old 826 that he sold around 10 to 15 years ago. If you come across any info on a International 826 wheatland that was bought in northeast nebraska around 15 years ago i would be interested. My dad bought this tractor from cornlea, ne back in the 1970s, when he got home from Vietnam it was a international 826 wheatland with factory no ta, but had a rockshaft. When my dad bought it, it had all the wheatland fenders and platform, but my dad switched that all to regular fenders, added the fast hitch arms. It only had the wheatland front end left when we sold it to a guy in Iowa that was going to try and restore it back to a original wheatland. It was in great shape when we sold it in the early 2000s it started and ran awsome, it had a chrome straight pipe on it, had very dark maroon paint. any info on it would be great too. the combination of the wheatland with a rockshaft is kind of rare, plus it was a factory no ta tractor too. It also did not have a tilt steering wheel. I have pictures of it when we owned it, but we never wrote down the serial number. I would be interested in find it, if someone has some info on it. Even if the guy who owns it dont want to sell it, i would like to know what happened to it. 

seth foner 

sethfoner@hotmail.com

I only have three Wheatland tractors. Two old AuctionTime listings, one was in Canada the other was Minnesota but not yours as both still had their standard drawbars. The third last I knew was in North Dakota. Flat top fenders and 3pt. That's all I've got for now. Good luck in your search.

Im the same way on 15699. The most important thing is to figure out if it's dead or alive. If it's someone's family heirloom and not for sale I can live with that. 

Just curious, what would you do if you come across 15697 or 15701 during your search? Try for four consecutive? 

I've still got my eyes open up here yet too.

I've had that thought a million times myself wondering what if the outside one or two would show. As much as I love the numbers game I'd probably grab it. Finances dictate a lot these days and that could enter into the equation. Even on 15699. Say it shows it's face. Guy knows I want it so he inflates the price by leaps and bounds. I walk away. 

Thanks for keeping an eye out for me. 

Thanks for the lead Matt. I just gave the guy a call. 15324 was the number so not quite. I've found a few in that 15,000 serial number range for what that's worth. The closest was 15,633 in Kentucky. I figured like you it was the longest of long shots. But thought it was worth a try. Thanks again.

I took them both for a short ride today for the first time since having them. Both started and ran good. Even had my wife get some pictures with a real camera. Once she's had a chance to resize them, which should be tomorrow, I'll post them. 

I'd like to buy that one myself, but I think he wants a little much for it. He's been trying to sell it for months so I am guessing he's not too flexible on the price.