red tractor fever

Looking for

Two more 826's listed on the  steffes consignment sale in Litchfield next Thursday,  serial #  2510132U013565   and   2510148U014431  so their not what you're looking for either

Wheels

That's a bunch more numbers to investigate and record. And recording is what I'm doing. So no luck yet. I was hoping the one wheels posted near Clear Lake, Minnesota might be it. It's only about 20-30 miles from where the other two were sold and it had a cab which might explain why 15699 went elsewhere. But it wasn't even close. The Tennessee one was way off to. And I ended up calling the auction company in Missouri today to after my email wasn't answered. The 1970 was a early 1970. Mine were built early December 1970. And of course the 71 was for the registry. I am currently awaiting two return calls. The Waterloo one posted by wendyoakscubs (thanks for the heads up) and another Minnesota one another friend let me know about. Thanks to all who have given me leads to follow. I will post what I find out when my calls are returned. 

I called on the one near Elgin, Iowa. 9504 so no go there. And the one in Minnesota a friend let me know about, I've called twice and left polite messages but they won't return my calls. I'm gonna try going back to the listing and see if email is a option. Otherwise it's not looking good to even get the number for the registry. So the search must continue.

After those two failed attempts at communication via the phone to Minnesota I did try sending a email last night. I wasn't holding my breath after not getting any return calls. Well I checked email this morning and guess what? Got a reply. UNFORTUNATELY he didn't have good news. 10894 is the number so it's not the one for me. Nothing close in the registry either. 

In show business they say, The show must go on. In my world of tractor hunting I have to say, The search must go on. 

And while I'm posting this I want to wish everyone on here a very MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR. I visit this site nightly. And have learned a lot and made some new friends. Thanks to all who share their knowledge and to all who have given their time in my search of 826-15699. I certainly appreciate it very much.

Just called Wisconsin a few minutes ago. Guy was nice but wasn't close to the tractor. He's gonna check in the morning and call me back. I'll let you guys know what I find out. Thanks for the lead wendyoakscubs. No need to apologize, I'd rather call on the same one 100 times than miss the one I should've called about. It's all good.

Just made a follow-up call. The guy simply forgot. He'd been busy loading hay and doing a few other cold weather jobs with this cold snap a lot of us are dealing with. Claims he was gonna make a note and leave it on the kitchen table. Told me he'd look in the morning and call. So all I can say for now is, STAY TUNED.

I've called the guy twice now, he promised to call me back both times, and has failed to do so both times. Gonna try calling during the day tomorrow and see if that helps. Otherwise I'm not sure how to proceed at this point. I feel I'm making a valiant effort here and have been polite as well. Just not getting any results. Might go back to the listing and try a email but won't hold my breath. I'll report anything I find out. 

I've been there too, hopefully he pulls through for you. 

I doubt its what you are looking for, but there was another 826 listed in Yesterdays tractor classified ads in NE. Claims its a Gold Demo. Posted today 1/3

I guess I shouldn't doubt my previous post. Your tractors are built in 1970, so a gold demo wouldn't be out of the question, would it? Or has someone already figured out the range of numbers that the gold demos were produced for the 826's? My apologies if it has been discussed here before.

Our service records show repairs done in 2010 to a Farmall 826 D SN:15733 here in Ontario. Not the one you are looking for but not very far off.

I gave the Wisconsin guy one more call this afternoon. Figured third times the charm of three strikes your out. Got his voicemail so I figured the later. Well much to my surprise my phone rang and he finally gave me the number. 12918 so not it.

Thanks wendyoakscubs. I just found the Nebraska gold demo so will call in the morning. And yes it could be a gold demo. I saved some information from this site awhile back. Don't remember who posted it, sorry!  Most were in the 13,000 range. But I have several in my registry after that range.

And thanks 10260ON, I will make sure the number is there and put the information you provided. 

Got a hold of the guy in Nebraska this morning. 11951. So still hunting. I told him about the registry on 826's. He knew of some other 826's in the neighborhood. He said he'd check them and get back to me. Gonna keep his number and follow up if necessary. So I should at least get some more numbers for the registry. And maybe get lucky and land 15699. Who knows.

Thanks Sledgehammer. I called on it immediately this morning after I found your post. Very nice people. They sent a picture text of the serial number tag. UNFORTUNATELY the search must go on. The number was 11740. And here's the funny thing with the rash of numbers coming the last little while. All but one aren't close to anything else. So the numbers game continues. 

On 2/3/2017 at 11:59 PM, GT&T said:

Red Tractor Fever

The term used at the dealership and by IH was refred to as the Kind & Code.   The "Kind"  251 would be an 826, the 0148 and 0132 would be the "Code", on your 2 tractors.   If you would be so kind as to tell us exactly, as best as you can tell, how each tractor is equipped, then you would know what the two codes mean.  I use the term, "as best as you can tell" , because you may not know what the capacity of each tractors hydraulic pump is, or if they both have the same type of tires as they were originally built with  etc.  etc.  etc.    Just some variables,  power steering, long axles, deluxe seat, hydraulic seat, tilt steering wheel, water filter, weight bracket.   

I hope this helps until someone with a dealer code book can tell us what the Codes are for an 826.  You have got my curiosity up now,  I'd like to know just for giggles. 

GT&T

And wheels posted this on December 15th, 2017.

Two more 826's listed on the  steffes consignment sale in Litchfield next Thursday,  serial #  2510132U013565   and   2510148U014431  so their not what you're looking for either.

Well I saved the pictures of these two 826's off the Steffes website. And I just got done studying the pictures because it hit me today to compare them. They are twins other than one has a two piece drawbar and the other has a single piece drawbar. 14431 has a cab but it's aftermarket so that goes back to open station tractor. The only real difference in the two is 13565 has 38 inch rims and tires and 14431 has 34 inch rims and tires. And if you check the codes 14431 is a code 148 tractor with 34 inch castings and 13565 is a code 132 tractor with 38 inch castings. And I know of a few unmolested 826's that are code 148 tractors with 34 inch castings. 

My guess after all this is 15700 was born with 38 inch castings and were swapped out for 34's sometime later in life. As we all know, a lot of things can be changed on a tractor that's 47 years old now. 

1970 IHC 826_5.JPG

1970 IHC 826_4.JPG

1970 IHC 826_0.JPG

1970 IHC 826_3 (1).JPG

1970 IHC 826_4 (1).JPG

1970 IHC 826_2 (1).JPG

Did anyone notice the 1206 fenders on the open station 826?

Holy canolies toyboy you have been a busy man. I thank you very much for your efforts. I went through your list. I'm waiting for one return call in the morning on the Memphis one. His is in a shed without lights. So I will post as soon as I know more. Thanks again, I greatly appreciate it. 

There is a 1970 826 hydro with cab and loader selling on Auction Time Jan. 17.

That one is 10661. 

And the Tennessee guy didn't call me back today. Guess I know what I'm doing in the morning. 

Thanks!

The game still isn't over. I got a text from Brownsville, Tennessee this morning. Serial number on it was 8962.😢 I'm keeping my chin up tho. I've heard guys looking for YEARS for tractors. Some find them some dont. I've only been looking for about a year and a half. And I'm a patient person. Took 15 years to find a wagon I was hunting for. So a year and a half into a search for this tractor, I'm just getting warmed up.

And everyone I contact I let them know I'm interested in the serial number for both reasons. I haven't a clue how many people are now looking for it on my behalf. Thanks to everyone that is keeping an eye out.