red tractor fever

Looking for

Is that a hydro ? 

Red Tractor Fever

Red Tractor Fever    Boy do you have it bad.   :):wub:

GT&T

Regardless, posting here is a long shot. We represent only a small group of total IH owners. Most don't have time for playing on the internet, or aren't (i.e. don't want to be) tech savvy enough to be online.

If the tractor has some sentimental value to you, you will know who owned it previously, and how it was sold. Did it go through an auction? What auctioneer? Was it traded to a dealer? What dealer? Follow any lead you may have.

If you're looking for a specific tractor because it's your lucky number, good luck.

I kinda figured it'd be a long shot. But you never know till you try. My wife says, "Nothing ventured nothing gained." So I figured I'd give it a shot and let the chips fall where they fall. I have no clue where it sold new or anything like that. It's a numbers game for me. I know I'm looking for a needle in a hay stack so my eyes are open to the fact I may never find it. I look at this site regularly and have learned a lot and I thank all of you for sharing your knowledge. I appreciate your well wishes as well. I'll be sure and start a new post should I find it. Have a good day!

Im curious, why thay particular number? Whats the significance for you?

Good luck on your quest. If you want consecutive #'s there should be 2 to choose from though. One up and one down. See, I just doubled your odds. :)

10 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Good luck on your quest. If you want consecutive #'s there should be 2 to choose from though. One up and one down. See, I just doubled your odds. :)

Perhaps he has Two already, and this number would make 3 consecutive serial numbers.

Nothing wrong with your post here most of us here are IH folks, you never know what may pop up.  Good luck with your search

Dennis

Red Tractor Fever

I don't know if this will work or not, but it is just a thought.    I think that the Wisconsin history museum has lists of tractors that were produced, and what dealership they were sent to, and who they were built for.   If you were to find your two serial no.'s and the one you are looking for, then just by chance you may figure out where they were sent originally.  This is a long shot but just might have been sent to a dealer that is still in business.   Good luck!  :wub:

GT&T     

Thanks for the well wishes farmalldr. I was thinking along those lines. One guy knows another guy who knows another guy and a chain reaction is started. And to GT&T. I didn't think IH had records like that. I will definitely check that out. I'll take any shot I got even if it is a long one. I would like to find it regardless of whether it can be bought. Put the looking to rest on it and move on. 

14981 here sorry. 

How close of a geographical area were the two that you have found? It's possible that several in close serial number were sent to dealers within close proximity to the others.

17 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

How close of a geographical area were the two that you have found? It's possible that several in close serial number were sent to dealers within close proximity to the others.

That is a good idea also.

GT&T

know of 3 151 combines on one farm not to far from here so anything is possible.

Just got to my iPad so sorry for the delay in response. 15698 I found at Greenwald Farm Center Greenwald Minnesota. 15700 I found at Haas Equipment Madison Minnesota. However in my searches if created a trail on 15700 by accident. And I really mean by accident. Corey at Rudnicki Tractor Ranch bought it on a Mid Americas consignment auction in Long Prairie Minnesota on September 6, 2014. He sold it through AuctionTime on March 18, 2015. The next sighting was on a Steffes sale in Litchfield Minnesota on December 17, 2015 which was when it must've headed to Haas Equipment, Madison Minnesota. I then purchased it from Doug on June 16, 2016. I have emailed the Mid American auction company asking if they had any records to provide anymore of a trail. I also emailed Corey at Rudnicki's. He didn't know where it came from but did tell me things come to that sale from three states. Considering the two were found in Minnesota it makes me think 15699 is up there to. Just a hunch tho. Nothing to back it up. Closest one I've found to date is 15633. And it's in Kentucky. He like some of you guys wondered what was so special about 15699. When I told him the story his voice picked up about three notches and he wished me luck. 

If you look at a Minnesota map, Long Prarie and Greenwald aren't that far apart. So who knows.

I just google mapped Long Prarie Minnesota which is the oldest date or first sighting of 15700 and Greenwald Minnesota which as stated was where 15698 was found. 36 miles was the distance calculated. 

Have not tried Craigslist figuring it's to localized. However posting in that area makes total sense. Will definitely be giving that a try. Thanks!

Mistake in my last post. It's 29.9 miles and time to travel it was 36 minutes. Just posted a wanted ad on St Cloud Craigslist to.Thanks again for that idea.