magicmikey    0

Here is the finished project you saw on your visit.:D It was a bush machine all it`s life, hence the jewelry.

mike

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

russ    0

nice looking machine for an off brand [pun intended] also looks like somebody been having there way with her with all the white stuff all over russ

coffeecreek    0

You must be one of the fastest guys I know , cause that sure ain't poor work . 

Nice Mike , Cletrac Bob would be proud , eh Chumb Duffy

Nice tidy little crawler mm.  Good to see you're still around hope all is going well in your neck of the woods.  

crawlernut    0

MM, What are the points above the blade for? Part of a brush rake? What brand of engine is in this machine? Not familiar with Cletrac. Looks good. Jim.

farmalldr    0

Engine looks like IHC-C248, power unit / farmall M / T6 crawler.  No accommodations for fuel pump like T6 has, starter mounted opposite way from a M, so maybe a power unit version.

Dennis 

russ    0

wondered if that was an ihc engine too. if memory serves me ya could flip blade upside down and have root rake on cletrac's was an option just don't remember how. Dad had one way back but never seen it flipped his had all the jewelry on it as well didn't keep it long at all traded it for our first timberjack skidder and never looked back but kept the "9" and the "6" sold the cat D4-7U he always said the td9's would pull way more than then the d4's still got the 6 and the 9 and the mack all else is long gone russ

magicmikey    0

Thanks guys, didn`t know how low I would need to duck.:ph34r:  It is a 248, came in a TD6 and is from an M. Most of the u/c is D4. I believe that is a brush rake as it was used to select log private woodlots. The owner passed and it sat without love, engine was toast. I just put the spare parts in the backyard together.

Bob doesn't  know yet.:lol:

mike

mike_newman    0

Hullo Mike  :):)

.....yes...that old Cletrac   certainly has had a serious makeover !...and with an IH  engine, it must be a big improvement.....did you revamp the sprockets to suit the Cat u/c   parts ??...originally those Cletrac's had  sort of 'double '  sprockets...which would preclude a marriage of more conventional track assemblies....Where did the IH engine starter motor go ??

There were a few of those old Cletracs  inn our area...back in the days.......I well recall a neighbour with a ''Buda "  (sp?) powered diesel model...quite a big tractor...and very difficult to coax into life....My  long departed Dad...a very mild mannered man  , was usually coerced  into helping start that  old Cletrac......and I still vividly recall  the constant stream of new and bewildering  profanity that  Dad   used..in the sometimes fruitless endeavour   of the starting ritual....it certainly brought out the worst in him......and he had brought a  TD  40, new, ....Cletracs  just didn't do it for him......

Anyway...great work from you.....as always....I don't recall seeing all that white stuff when I visited you ..:huh:...hope to do one more trip...maybe 2018...before hanging up my knife and fork.........but of course..you and  Mrs MM    would be very welcome down under..........:rolleyes:

Regards   Mike N

PS.....any luck raising   Brian Foster ??????

magicmikey    0

Mike

Them was older Cletracs I think. This one appears to have genuine sprockets for 1948. The reworked part is the front idler, was too narrow for the rail. None of the u/c change is my doing.

Starter is correct for a T6, the problem is the flywheel as you need a foot clutch. The M flywheel has a T6 ring gear moved to the front side.

Brian has vanished AFAIK.

White stuff is  practice as the ground is solid.:mellow:

mike

IMG_0003.JPG.08ace2a138e43ad8c85a04c0de196923.JPG

CC's last post on the forestry forum was nov 2016 so he must still be out and about A little.  I haven't talked to him for quite a while now either. 

Do you ever here from Rocko59 (Russ) anymore?

G Huffman    0

I have a 1947 Cletrack AG-6 with a continental engine in it.  It had sit for about 25 years and was a bit hard to get started but after it run a bit it was OK.   Some had Hurcles and some had Buda engines according to my data sheet. 

On 2/6/2017 at 10:39 AM, poor farmer/logger said:

CC's last post on the forestry forum was nov 2016 so he must still be out and about A little.  I haven't talked to him for quite a while now either. 

Do you ever here from Rocko59 (Russ) anymore?

I tried to run Rocko59 down last summer. He had left Browns some time in the past and no one knew where he was. I had no luck.

D

magicmikey    0

Russ stopped in after he left Brown`s and thought he might have an instructors slot at a proposed tech school.  Whether that happened IDK.

mike

Ian Beale    0
On 02/02/2017 at 5:37 PM, mike_newman said:

There were a few of those old Cletracs  inn our area...back in the days.......I well recall a neighbour with a ''Buda "  (sp?) powered diesel model...quite a big tractor...and very difficult to coax into life....

Mike

Not sure that they used Buda.  The "H" in DDH was Hercules.  An uncle had one.  Cold start was remove a plug in the intake and hold a flame torch near it while using the starter.