cliffW

cliffW

13 posts in this topic

i bought a td6 i was told it was a 1946 the serial # is TDBK 630. can anyone tell me the year thanks cliffW

I would say a 1941 ??, from looking at the list magicmikey has posted on this forum 

Congrats on the 6! We need some pictures when you get a chance. is it running moving and turning?

Regards,

Chris

9 hours ago, north of 60 said:

I would say a 1941 ??, from looking at the list magicmikey has posted on this forum 

Is it the year it was built or the year it was first sold? I purchased mine in 1969, all the paper work from the dealer says 1969, magicmikey post shows it as 1967.

cliffW, if 630 is  correct then it would have been built in 1940. They used a single fuel filter with bosch injector pump on the early models.

mike

I guess I was reading  your list wrong magicmikey.

I thought serial #501 would have been the last one produced in 1940, rather than the first.

thankyou for the information. i was also trying to find a number on the engine. do you know where it would have been, or did they mark them? i think it is a D248.  thanks again.  the dozer was running and operating good, then the rear seal started leaking really fast. i have started removing the engine. waiting on repair manual.

cliff,

TD6 engine # on top milled surface left side of block just above the injection pump.  T6, gas, on milled surface of block on right side near the front above the pushrod cover plate.  No attempt was made to match engine # and chassis #.

Have fun

Dennis

thankyou for the information. i was also trying to find a number on the engine. do you know where it would have been, or did they mark them? i think it is a D248.  thanks again.  the dozer was running and operating good, then the rear seal started leaking really fast. i have started removing the engine. waiting on repair manual.

IMG95201701139512140965595HDR.jpgdozer.jpg

Very nice looking machine however I have to ask is that a catalytic converter in place of the muffler?? I can't tell on this phones screen..

Cliff,  my previous reply assumed it is the 4 cyl start on gas engine.  If so it would be D248 originally.  Not sure if model # appeared on the block.

Dennis

yes, it starts on gas runs on diesel

Very nice !! Good luck with your engine removal and repairs. Keep us posted.