Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
billonthefarm

I went and did it

27 posts in this topic

IMG_1792_zps6fvsusj6.jpg

I have been watching for a 3588 for quite awhile.  Couple years.  Wasnt any rush.  Looking for the right one.  I just want one to fix up and play with.   I have went to auctions and drove to dealers along way away only to be dissapointed in what I found.  I have been suffering from a cold the last couple of days so last night I was looking at the net and a 3588 showed up at a dealer nearby.  No pics of course.  I know a salesman there so this morning while doing chores I called him.  He said he hadnt seen it, didnt think it was on the lot yet.  About an hour later he called and said it IS on the lot, it looks ok, and if I am interested get up here!  He sent me some pics and said, we got a bunch of room to wiggle on this thing so lets make a deal.  I went up right after noon.  Looked it over real good.  Drove it around awhile.  Story is it has 3600 and some odd actual hours.  New t/a and clutch a couple years ago.  Local farmer ran it on his auger wagon this fall and traded for a versy 4wd.  It has a grille that doesnt have a crack. The bellows in the pivot are there and look perfect.  Still has a nice working original radio.  Seat appears to be original.  Has the top link.  Pto shield is there.  On the way there i had a number in mind.  One I didnt think he would really entertain but the older snoopys just dont bring much on auctions so I wasnt going to over pay.  After I looked at it and drove it I wasnt confident we could reach a deal.  I asked "what will it take?"  We was within $500 of my target.  Told him what my price was.  He kicked the driveway a bit and was doing a little math in his head and said, "ok".  Dang I paid to much!!!!  A lot less than they were asking so we were both happy.  I am looking forward to some seat time in my new to me ride.

bill

Axle duals and nice steps. I like those anteaters. Had a 35 but not anywhere near as nice

That really does look nice and clean Bill!  Your patience has been rewarded...enjoy and keep sending pics of her as you clean her up and get her going this next year.  

I like it except the tires.  We used to have one.  They are a good rig when conditions get tough if you use them like a  2wd 150hp tractor

Nate

1 hour ago, bitty said:

Axle duals and nice steps. I like those anteaters. Had a 35 but not anywhere near as nice

Aftermarket 10 bolts hubs.

1 hour ago, billonthefarm said:

Aftermarket 10 bolts hubs.

Ooooooooo nice. Those are sought after. Should fit your ten66 

Congrats Bill!  Looks like a keeper!

I'm at a tossup between a 3788 or a 4386. I like both.

Good looking 35 Bill, please keep us updated on your progress on it.

Alan

That's one nice straight unit, The window shopping you had done previously had you prepared for the day when a clean unit comes along you where confident enough to pull the trigger. That is always a good feeling!!

I've kicked myself before on deals when I walk away just to find out later I screwed up.:angry:

Nice Find.

Congratulations Bill,

Tony

I want one!! I think it would work great on a litter spreader in soft ground

Nice lookin original Bill. Good find! You know i always swore I'd never own one, three years ago i bought a 3588. I do enjoy running it.

Was going to ask on AG talk, but figured here would be better.  How did your plow day turn out, and did the jealous Kansas expert show up to train you on how it was done?

We had a good day and a lot of fun!  I will try to post some pics later.  Going to do it again next year!

bill

Jealousy overload here!!!!  I went to an auction last summer that had a 3588.  It was very well maintained with very good rubber all around.  It brought $14K.  Yours looks like a nice tractor.  Enjoy and find me one now.

looks very nice. even has the bellows. that one has had good care. the center section grease fittings are real important to keeping the hinge and drive shafts from wearing too fast. those 2+2s will just about walk on water when you need them to.

Looks like a nice one we had one for a while man those things have good traction. The engine hanging over the front axle really plants the front wheels to the ground. No weight needed. If you could have power shift in them it would be great that's what I disliked the most about ours was the bassackwards shifting. 466 straight pipe muffler eliminated sounded sweet 

Looks like a nice one we had one for a while man those things have good traction. The engine hanging over the front axle really plants the front wheels to the ground. No weight needed. If you could have power shift in them it would be great that's what I disliked the most about ours was the bassackwards goofy shifting.  466 straight pipe muffler eliminated sounded sweet 

Looks like a nice find.  Congrats.

Congrats , you will like that tractor , I have been around them since new . That paint will clean right up , if you can't do it hire someone to come and buff it out then wax it . Put new decals on it and you won't know it back !! I don't know how to post pictures on here but if you want to message me I can email you pictures of before and after pictures of the one I did .

Make sure you change every fluid in it and use Case IH fluids and filters and only 30 w no 1 diesel oil in that motor . Check clutch /ta adjustments , front cab mounts to make sure there not torn out . Also make sure you use good grease on all the zerks and make sure they all take grease .  Have them dyno test it to make sure someone hasn't twisted it's tail to far , 175 would be the max I would go if you don't want to damage anything .

Good Luck , Danny 

Mmmmmmmm

I'm jealous. Nice find