Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cor

482 electric question

7 posts in this topic

Hello

I had some short cut problems with my 482. now I have fixed everything but can anyone tel me where the wire with the black/white connector needs to hook up to?

As far as I can see it runs to the flywheel area/4

Cor Braakman

482.jpg

Alternator/Stator?  What is the wire plugged into , a rectifier on the outside of the engine?

someone connected the wires wrong before I bought it. It was hooked up to a + wire, that's why it short cutted.

Can't see where it's going to without taking more parts of.

Cor

The wire coming from the engine with the black connector (which is a diode) comes from the alternator in behind the fly wheel. The wire plugged into the diode goes on and hooks up to the battery positive cable at the starter solenoid - or could also be hooked at battery positive post

Carl

6 hours ago, Ruby Red said:

The wire coming from the engine with the black connector (which is a diode) comes from the alternator in behind the fly wheel. The wire plugged into the diode goes on and hooks up to the battery positive cable at the starter solenoid - or could also be hooked at battery positive post

Carl

That wire is what's  making the short cut ( ground).  

Should the alternator be the  problem then?

Cor 

Sounds like your diode is faulty, the diode in there to prevent battery power feed back to the alternator stator. (test it). Diode Cub Cadet part #725-3014 also available from Briggs & Stratton #393814

Carl

On ‎12‎-‎1‎-‎2017 at 1:27 AM, Ruby Red said:

Sounds like your diode is faulty, the diode in there to prevent battery power feed back to the alternator stator. (test it). Diode Cub Cadet part #725-3014 also available from Briggs & Stratton #393814

Carl

Finallly had time to look into the problem further. Old alternator was completely burnt...

Ordered a new alternator and put everything back to gether, still short cutting through the altenator.

HOw is ist possibble I get ground through the cable which is coming from the alternator? Everything seems te be mounted ok?

Does the 482 needs a volt regulator where the alternator hooks up to?

Any help or ideas is welcome

Cor