I collect IH history books, sales literature and service manuals.

I have several IH corporate history books from outside the US - "Roar of the Dust & Diesel" (Doncaster UK), "International Harvester Geelong Works (Australian farm machinery factory) and now I have discovered there is a book called "A History and Memories of International Harvester Canada 1903-1985" 

Finally a book about IH Canada which always seems to overlooked in IH corporate histories!

I haven't ordered the book yet but I will order one for my birthday in January

Sounds like an interesting book indeed.  I also have found there is a book about IH Germany (Neuss Works) which is now available with an English translation and I'll try and get that one too.

Now some people will have to write a books about IH France and IH Mexico so I can complete my set!

Regards from Michael H.B) Australia

P.S. Happy IH collecting in 2017!

Where are you buying from?

On 12/26/2016 at 8:53 PM, 35desoto said:

Where are you buying from?

For people in Australia or New Zealand you can get them from   ploughbooksales.com.au  an online book seller.

"International Harvester Australia: Geelong Works" by Sarah Galloway 

"International Harvester Tractors and Farm Equipment from Neuss on Rhine 1908-1966 (German language with English translation)

"The Roar of Dust and Diesel - A Story of International Harvester Doncaster" by Mike Teanby (UK)

The Canadian book seems to be available from  volumesdirect.com  for us in Australia, though I haven't dealt with them yet.

Michael H.B)

I went online and bought a copy through the Canadian site so will wait patiently and see how long it takes to make it to NZ.  I've got the Aussie and British books and their content is interesting and invaluable

I have bought some items off plough booksales 're an Aussie A554 and their response was good.

Regards Brett

Another book I own, but may be out of print, is  "International Harvester Tractors & Equipment in Australia & New Zealand" by the late Dr Graeme R Quick (Rosenberg Publishing)

Another out of print book, if you like International trucks, is "The ACCO - An Aussie Icon" by Peter Lynch (Tivoli Publications)  I have occasionally seen this book on Ebay 

Regards from Michael H.B)

P.S. My house is slowly becoming a library!

Thank you for lead on the Canada book. I can get one for my bookshelf also.

I have the other books you mentioned. Indeed in the Dust and Diesel book theres a good picture of me on my 1940 wide front H on page 31. It was took back in year 2000.

I also provided a few pics in the German book about the Japan built 6 cylinder 74 series tractor.             Alex.

I got the IH Canada book last year. It's  another world  up  north. It has a lot of  employee personal stories. Nice add to my Red library.

Well its now 9th February and no sign of the bòok.

Canadian post say it's in transit

So I'll stay optimistic  that it's not far from my letter box

Oh , you're in the southern hemisphere. Maybe not as much cargo traffic going south....

8 hours ago, 35desoto said:

Well its now 9th February and no sign of the bòok.

Canadian post say it's in transit

So I'll stay optimistic  that it's not far from my letter box

True however I can get my car parts out of the good ol USA faster

Oh Well patience is a virtue they say

On 12/27/2016 at 7:35 AM, Michael Halsall said:

For people in Australia or New Zealand you can get them from   ploughbooksales.com.au  an online book seller.

"International Harvester Australia: Geelong Works" by Sarah Galloway 

"International Harvester Tractors and Farm Equipment from Neuss on Rhine 1908-1966 (German language with English translation)

"The Roar of Dust and Diesel - A Story of International Harvester Doncaster" by Mike Teanby (UK)

The Canadian book seems to be available from  volumesdirect.com  for us in Australia, though I haven't dealt with them yet.

Michael H.B)

was there anything you did not like about these..?....before I order

as yet no response from volumes.....  resent to publisher

ordered 2 others

negotiating on Ms.Gallowy s

where was this one  last sourced from?

On 2/14/2017 at 10:55 AM, mmi said:

as yet no response from volumes.....  resent to publisher

ordered 2 others

negotiating on Ms.Gallowy s

where was this one  last sourced from?

The last book (Neuss on Rhine) is listed in the PLOUGH BOOK SALES  (  www.ploughbooksales.com.au  ) catalog - Their order code is 009548  $45.00 AU plus postage

Regards from Michael H.B)

Still no sign of the book so I have gone back to the seller's to see if they can chase the Canadian Post for more shipping information

Time will tell!

Well it arrived on Thursday 6th April

2 days past 3 months from the date of purchase

The Canadian Post website said 2 - 3 months so boy have they taken the full use of the time frame

Anyway, the main thing is the book arrived with minimal damage (one corner slightly scuffed)

Given it's come such a long way I am grateful for its safe arrival

We'll  was it worth the wait....?

Contacted them 3x  for exact $$ delivered to USA.?.... keep saying just BIN will not quote $$

THe other 3 books mentioned arrived...packed away for winter use......