gasengin

Farmall Regular Cracked Block?

I have discovered two cracks in the block of my son's Regular.  One is the typical Regular crack behind the manifold.  It had a patch bolted over it, but didn't look like it was working too well.  I had considered using the stitch-n-lock products, but the crack angles through the block at about a 30 degree angle to the surface so that won't work.  Likely needs to be welded.  I was wondered how others have successful fixed theses cracks?   

KIMG0311 - Copy (2).jpeg

KIMG0309 - Copy (2).jpeg

Other crack is from a head bold hole.  Crack is at the end of the pencil from the bolt hole to the passage.  My current plan is to not do anything about this crack unless someone thinks it must be fixed.  I have not experience with these bocks, so need help from the experts.  Thanks

KIMG0307 - Copy (2).jpeg

KIMG0308 - Copy (2).jpeg

You might have a lil more luck getting some reponses in the general forum. Idk but i think the one under the head might be more important to worry about first. Jmo tho.

I use a arc welding rod purchased from "muggy weld". The name is unusual but the rod works great. I have welded theee blocks in varying degree and they are working great.  The one crack between the holes is not going to go anywhere if the crack is entire they the thickness of the web and there are no unusual webs below the deck that  the crack can continue to travel. However the antifreeze will seep into the bolt threads and cause issue over time.  You can check out my recent t340 post in construction to see the webs I welded  with it.  Feel free to ask questions.

kevin. 

MagicMikey uses stitch ,he is an expert with this technique IMO , ask him ,I think he stil on forum . 

On 12/15/2016 at 9:58 PM, gasengin said:

but the crack angles through the block at about a 30 degree angle

I believe the lock n stitch would still be feasible , They have many different styles of inserts ,

Have you looked at their website (pretty neat)