Sign in to follow this  
Alan Dinan

joel's tractors

Looking at a 5140 on his auction Thursday and he said that it is consigned. He won't give the consignees phone number to ask questions, no internet or phone bidding available for his location, and no callback saying that the tractor showed up. The sale is about 5 hours a way from me, so now I don't think I'm going.

Tia, Alan

I see only one pic of it and looks nice. Some people...

14 hours ago, Alan Dinan said:

Looking at a 5140 on his auction Thursday and he said that it is consigned. He won't give the consignees phone number to ask questions, no internet or phone bidding available for his location, and no callback saying that the tractor showed up. The sale is about 5 hours a way from me, so now I don't think I'm going.

Tia, Alan

In strawberry point Iowa? I know he bought a few pieces from dealers on tractor time up here and they were rough. I know they were going to that town in Iowa .

He said that this one was coming from Illinois. I still don't know if it even showed up yet. He hasn't bothered to call back.

Alan

Dad dealt with his dad years ago and he was okay. Thought Joel was okay, but who knows. If they don't call back they are way too busy or just plain don't care.

He did call back, drove the tractor and gave a good description of it. It didn't show up until last night.

Alan

I bought round baler from him this summer and I would buy from him again. I called and talked to him first and it was exactly how he had described it too me when I got there. I actually bought it before the auction. He buys and sells year around and has a couple consignment sales a year.

I went to school with Joel, he's a good guy! As far as no phone bidding, that is due to the fact that there is little to no cell service there. A lot of the consigned machinery is local, but some of it's brought in by "machinery jockeys" too. And some of it shows up when they show up to attend the sale. As for Joel not being able to tell you much about it, he probably hadn't seen it and didn't know anything about it. If Joel owns a piece of machinery, he will represent it to the best of his knowledge. I'm pretty sure he has a ride and drive policy on tractors, skid loaders, etc. if you drive it and find trouble, you don't have to take it and no money changes hands. Joel was in this business before he was out of high school. He has built a good business and reputation. But he can't be held responsible for what others bring to his sales!