Sign in to follow this  
red211

Found the scout honey hole in Tennessee!

I went out to a friends new place on Monday to look at clearing some scrub/trees and building a pad for a horse barn.  On the way out, which was a lot farther than I thought, I went through a wide spot town called Norene.   Remembered it today and went to google maps to see if you could get on road view which you can.  There is one in front of the building and two beside it on the map.  The other day there was a crew cab truck and another truck beside where the scouts are in the pic.   I went down the side street on google map and behind the building was loaded with IH stuff.  Looks mostly like scouts but other stuff too.  If you are wasting time, like I am since I am sick and stayed home, then type in Nolene Tn on google maps and go to street view, they are just past the little store, can't miss then as IH lovers we are!!

Is that near Lebanon Tn.?

That's Doug Scott's place.   Scott Automotive,  he does parts as well as restores IH's.   He has a Scout II with a 4BT in it among other things.

If you're interested in getting work done or parts from him I have his phone number memorized.     I'm planning on sending the Scout II and 1310 4x4 Travelette that are in GA to him for restoration.  He does very good work.

I don't know what came of it, but he also is where my '71 panel truck went.  Hopefully he's restored it and sold it by now. 

And while I'm adding comments,  he also always has a few rigs for sale in various conditions.

4 hours ago, red211 said:

I went out to a friends new place on Monday to look at clearing some scrub/trees and building a pad for a horse barn.  On the way out, which was a lot farther than I thought, I went through a wide spot town called Norene.   Remembered it today and went to google maps to see if you could get on road view which you can.  There is one in front of the building and two beside it on the map.  The other day there was a crew cab truck and another truck beside where the scouts are in the pic.   I went down the side street on google map and behind the building was loaded with IH stuff.  Looks mostly like scouts but other stuff too.  If you are wasting time, like I am since I am sick and stayed home, then type in Nolene Tn on google maps and go to street view, they are just past the little store, can't miss then as IH lovers we are!!

He used to have a loadstar crewcab (he called it a travelcrew but don't know if that's official) and his main tow rig was a 200 pickup.    I'm not sure what he's using right now.  

He's still driving the light gray 200 travelette with the stepside bed.  Eason

Small world isn't it.  I wondered after seeing how many were there on Monday and then different ones on Google with the back lot full, if someone here knew who it was.  You just don't see a lot of IHs around, and that many in one spot sure caught Me off guard. I would have stopped and checked them out but I had decided to drive the 63 since it was mid 80s and sunny on Halloween.  Just past halfway there, right before I crossed I40 had to stop at a redlight.  When I hit the clutch engine just died.........dumped the clutch and got it running, like crap but it was running as long as you kept it above 2000 rpm.  Got it around behind a station and popped the hood, course I have a pocket knife, 4 way lug wrench and a 9MM.  None are really good in this instance.  Pulled the breather and some smoke coming from the secondary.  Hmmmm, looks like it's flooding, secondary is closed so nothing there.  Attempt to pull float level plug on the Holley with pocket knife, no luck there.  Like any normal thinking guy would do and most of you would do,  I decided to......try to make it to friends house and hope Her new hubby has some tools.  So 21 miles later, heading away from home and having to keep rpm at 2000 or above, I arrive at Her new place.  He had a flat blade so I pulled level plug on the secondary and nothing, pulled primary plug and fuel running out.  He digs around and comes up with a cheap 5/8 so I adjusted on it a little and that got it.  It sat and idled for 10 minutes or so and off I went.  Made it home with no issues so I figure I sucked a little trash and adjusting on it allowed it to get through.  Going to pull bowl and check.  Didn't tell the wife, She doesn't think it's reliable:blink:  Might throw in a flat blade and couple of wrenches next time I go very far away, just in case.  ;)