Sign in to follow this  
tcmtech

Any online dating site that aren't scams or worse?

Gotta admit its getting closer to that time of year when i am going to likely have more free time and less outdoors time so I've been thinking that maybe doing a bit of dating again this winter would be something to get back into.  Definitely looking for small town/rural raised realistic expectations and stable this time! :P 

But where to look? That's the problem?

So far the few sites I have checked out have more bad reviews and ratings due to excessive amount of fakes and scammers or being largely scams themselves than they have than good reviews.  :(

I gave FarmersOnly a run lately and that was a flop so far.  Lots of supposed locals (suspiciously too many really) and not one who has been able to pass a simple 'are you a real local or not test' yet.  Conversions drop dead never to be responded to again when those questions come up.  :( 

Just stick with backpage or leave your problems at the bar. I'm still tryin to rid meself of the one that won't go away....from now on, it's the 3 county rule..

Try out Plenty of fish dot com. You can use it for free though they try to sell You upgrades. Met some pretty decent Gal's and some real wack jobs. Good Luck!!! I know the Grocery Store hasn't been working for Me lately. There all in to big a hurry or I look shady one or the other!! LOL

Why?!:blink:

BECAUSE I'M A TERRIBLE PERSON. THAT'S WHY! ;)

12 minutes ago, Tim1573 said:

I know the Grocery Store hasn't been working for Me lately. There all in to big a hurry or I look shady one or the other!! LOL

I can relate to that. :ph34r: 

Don't want a trophy wife or a dead beat either.  

I'm not a bar goer or church goer so that really cuts my social venue down. :D

I think one of the better places to meet someone is at church. 

Online could be anything on the other side of the computer.  

Example -     Please wire me some money to my account so I can come and meet you 

1 minute ago, bitty said:

I think one of the better places to meet someone is at church. 

You must have way better churches or way different standards than mine.  :ph34r:

I already 'Came to Jesus' and don't need saving and  I don't have time for holy Sunday village bicycle/methhead Monday. :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, TomH said:

Why?!:blink:

Because I haven't had anyone in my life to complain about on here for a long time.   :D

The lack of bizarre irrational insanity in my house is getting boring.  ;)

All online dating sites are going to be filled with fakes and scammers. Once you start seeing them you will notice patterns and pick them out immediately. Don't let that stop you. I've done E-Harmony, plenty of fish, farmers only, and several more. Found my wife by placing an ad on Craigslist! Word of warning: all women on online dating sites are crazy; I know because I married one ;)

one last piece of advice- find your girlfriend at the bar. Find your wife in the platbook!!

2 minutes ago, brewcrew said:

All online dating sites are going to be filled with fakes and scammers. Once you start seeing them you will notice patterns and pick them out immediately. Don't let that stop you. I've done E-Harmony, plenty of fish, farmers only, and several more. Found my wife by placing an ad on Craigslist! Word of warning: all women On online dating sites are crazy; I know because I married one ;)

one last piece of advice- find your girlfriend at the bar. Find your wife in the platbook!!

Fixed it.

LOL I hear about the online dating stuff all the time. It's pretty common for these sites to post a lot of fake persons, especially women to get guys to pay for membership from what I've heard.

On the other hand my youngest son is getting pretty serious about a girl he met on one of those sites. So they do work.

Rick

Ever see the MTV show Catfish? If that don't turn you off online dating etc nothing will! Some awfully psycho people out there!!!

I met the Ex online so it worked once.  Didn't filter out long term crazy though.  Not sure how to do that anywhere really.  Just figuring that narrowing down the primary criteria to rural raised might help a bit more on that filter.   

I'm pretty good at spotting the fakes. I just get tired of having to filter though dozens of them to find anyone remotely real let alone within 1000 miles of me. 

Whats bizarre to me isn't the scammers. It's the guys posing as women for laughs or whatever. That's the bizarre one to me.  What is there to gain from it?

I can't see how it could be funny or anything else that makes it worth the time and effort.:wacko:  

5 minutes ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

Ever see the MTV show Catfish? If that don't turn you off online dating etc nothing will! Some awfully psycho people out there!!!

No. Once MTV stopped playing music I never went back.   That and I don;t watch any reality shows whatsoever.  Or much TV in general.   Maybe 1 - 2 downloaded movies a month and maybe that many a week plus a binge watching run of some series once a year if that in the winter but that's about the extent of it.  

Them "meat gazers" are hard to avoid......No pun intended. This world is whacked, do yourself a favor and do it yourself! All women are nuts !!!!

No and don't trust their pictures it's just like machinery, much better looking online than in person. 

Had a couple good dates from plenty of fish. A neighbor's friend just got married off that site. Some of the sites that charge are probably a little better than the free ones, since it makes it appear you are more serious and not just window shopping. 

Doesn't hurt to try Tinder either.... The hookup app for your phone, I have a coworker who seems to have a different GF every weekend using that site. 

Gotta be careful though,  I once met up with a gal from POF who ended up about 100 lbs bigger than the pics she posted, and she didn't even have a good personality. 

1 hour ago, Cattech said:

Gotta be careful though,  I once met up with a gal from POF who ended up about 100 lbs bigger than the pics she posted, and she didn't even have a good personality. 

Brings to mind an old time Oz saying  "Seeing's believing, feeling is the naked truth"

8 hours ago, tcmtech said:

I just get tired of having to filter though dozens of them to find anyone remotely real let alone within 1000 miles of me. 

The fact that all the real ones, ran screaming, at least 1000 miles, when they heard you were on the prowl should maybe tell you something......:o:P;)

Rick 

8 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

The fact that all the real ones, ran screaming, at least 1000 miles, when they heard you were on the prowl should maybe tell you something......:o:P;)

Finding locals hasn't been a problem. Finding sane stable locals is what's the problem! :wacko:

When it comes to unstable crazy I'm a friggin chick magnet. :(

4 hours ago, Cattech said:

Yep. That's deal breaker there too.  I have a good friend who's heavy but she has a decent backstory behind it though.  She had a major surgery and one idiot doctor ODed her on cortisone and something else which blew her up like a balloon.  

The rest I have found to just be fat from eating too much and moving too little. By my standards I'm nowhere as fit as I used to be but I can still do the mile out and back walk through the hills to the far point of our property without hating life and that's the standard I am setting for anyone I meet. ;) 

7 minutes ago, tcmtech said:

Finding locals hasn't been a problem. Finding sane stable locals is what's the problem! :wacko:

See? What did I say? The sane ones all ran screaming....or shrieking with laughter!:lol:

RIck

I just want one with less issues than me.  I thought that was a pretty low standard to set.:ph34r:

Regarding the online thing I have seriously considered setting up fake accounts where I describe myself as super rich shallow narcissistic all around A-hole womanizing creep who's incapable of respecting anyone and see how well I score on that. That seems to be to popular standard around here for finding down to earth women.  :o

I would think for a modest humble person such as yourself a tub of cocoa butter and a large mirror would suffice...

1 minute ago, new guy said:

I would think for a modest humble person such as yourself a tub of cocoa butter and a large mirror would suffice...

I just don't look good in panties and a wig.  :rolleyes:

I'm glad you don't like the way you look in panties and a wig!  

Don't you have cattle?  Then you should have plenty of company.  

My brother online dated for years (decades?) and met his true love at a thrift store.  I met my first wife in a library at college and my current at a campout.  Try to find a woman who is already doing something you like to do.  

Don't sweat the crazy part.  They are all crazy in one way or another.  We are probably crazy too.

Thx-Ace