Brian stortenbecker

66 series toys 1/16 scale

Been trying to get all the 66 series made. Atleast the older models. Im looking for a 966 with duals made in 1971. Not many made. Also looking for a 1066 toy tractor times with mfd. Even if its not for sale would like to see pictures. Thanks

The original 66 series were 966 hydro singles fender, (there some rare ones with white front wheels) 1066 singles with2 post rops and canopy, 1066 singles with with cab, and 1466 duals and white cab, and the toy farmer 1466 with duals and Massey Ferguson 275 rops and canopy. To my knowledge there was never a 966 with duals from Ertl.  Eason

I was looking through my price guide and they talk about the 966 with duals, i have not seen one or found anyone else that has, and they also list a 1066 mfd. Toy farmer, but again have not seen one. I have the blue box, the white wheel one and the red box 966. Have the blue box 1066 with rops but not the single 1066 in red box, have the toy farmer 1466, but not the blue box one. Thanks for reply.

The toy tractor times 1066 is not mfd, there are two variations of that model, the rare one has a Kholman farms decal on the cab door.

This is mine, i have all the 1/16 toy tractor times tractors made exept the Kholman farms 1066.

TTT IH 1066.JPG

On September 2, 2016 at 3:25 PM, ertlerik said:

The toy tractor times 1066 is not mfd, there are two variations of that model, the rare one has a Kholman farms decal on the cab door.

This is mine, i have all the 1/16 toy tractor times tractors made exept the Kholman farms 1066.

TTT IH 1066.JPG

Now that's a great looking 1066

Can you remove the cab from the 1066 model ?  Is the dash painted black on these?

On 9/2/2016 at 2:25 PM, ertlerik said:

TTT IH 1066.JPG

yes, you can remove the cab but you will have to repaint the inside portion of the and white panel since they are black.

They did make a 966 with duals but it was the prestige version while panel with red cab.  About the same look as the 1066 above except the white panel version.  It is a pretty nice model too.  But I have about every version of the 66 series ever made and have never seen a 966 with duals from the early 70s.  I have 3 NIB that has the red rim version that you can see red on both sides, red rim version with the newer plastic tire where red is on the outside only and then the white rim version that was sold at department stores etc...  That is all I have ever seen from that era.