Dang it!  My replacement radiator can't be repaired..........Argggg!  So was hoping I could save an origianal.  Which leads me to a question; are all the repops the same or should I avoid any certain ones?

Thanks for the input folks!

24 minutes ago, fbh31118 said:

Dang it!  My replacement radiator can't be repaired..........Argggg!  So was hoping I could save an origianal.  Which leads me to a question; are all the repops the same or should I avoid any certain ones?

Thanks for the input folks!

A very very high percentage of the reproduction ones are Chinese junk at least our experience has been that way

Now there may be some company that does make quality ones but I haven't found them yet we're fortunate to have a good radiator shop that does our radiators

I have one more place that I can take it to that is supposed to specialize in copper and brass only but I'm afraid that is may be dry rotted.

Wow! You have taken on a big project. Thanks for all the pictures. Having done a couple tractors I can relate. But the ones I have done have been worn but undercover. Yours is a challenge. You might want to consider a big electrolysis tank for some of the parts? Nice that your dad is working with you on this family tractor!

Regards,

Chris

Thank You Sugarmaker!  

The plan is to sandblast next then prime.  It would be nice to get that out of the way before splitting the tractor to install the motor.