Sign in to follow this  
Atilathehun99

Red Power Rain Gauge

Troy 

We have no water sources to irrigate within 25 miles. Then you probably can't get the blessing from the government anyway 

first rain this august here this morning, about 3 tenths of an inch.  Crops were getting quite thirsty, this was a huge blessing

55 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

I hate to say it but it feels fallish in the mornings already.  

It is kind of wierd, we have some leaves turning color here, I saw cranes headed south in a big group, and the geese/ducks are flocked up. 

It it is looking a lot like fall up here, or at least a month early

FINALLY got some rain. 1.5" today!!

Slightly less than 2 1/2 inches since yesterday afternoon, with another couple of inches predicted over the next few days.

The temperature went from 104 to 75 in just a few minutes as the front blew thru.

3.4" so far today. At least there were no storms. 

received 2" and 1/10 between late yesterday afternoon and last night in Southern Michigan.

Got two big storms today. First one was short and fierce and the second one was long and fierce. Got 4 1/4" between the 2 and flat sweet corn. 

C84B6436-0165-4FE8-9EA0-E5C508F4C11B.jpg

this was the first one coming...

Got 0.8 at my farm, 10 miles south got 1.5 we surely needed it, would like a couple more inches though .

Much fog the last few mornings but usually cleared by noon. .47 over the last couple of days.

We ended up with 2.5 inches here in mid west Michigan Friday night and Saturday morning. Hopefully this will help size some fruit!

I posted 3.4" 12 hours ago here in Southeastern Illinois.  At 6:30 I dumped out 6" and it is still coming down. We are lucky that it hasn't had wind or storm with it. 

We have had some rain every week seems like all summer.  Crops look good and grass sure keeps growing.  I had 1/10 last night with better chance every day this week.  90/70 for temp.  Over 40 days with lows over 70, that is a record and adding every day. All week forecast lows in the 70s so record will extend looks like at least 5 more days.

Finally had some rain Saturday afternoon. We had 1.4 inches of rain. My Parents 25 miles south west of me had 2.2 inches. My Uncle north of my parents had 4 inches. 

One thing nice about the rain we has is it rain several times.....had a chance to soak in before the next round. 

Still nada, Columbus mt

2.87-inches on 8/13 at my place.  Same storm dropped 3.5-inches 7 miles away at my mother's house.

Between low snow pack, and lack of rain this summer rivers are at 50 percent of historical average. Kinda dry. Here.

Like they say, be careful what you wish for. Got 2 inches here Friday night and since noon yesterday, 5 inches and still raining. 

Jerry

Good day yesterday to move some red clay before it got rained on! Thank God I got er done as today it's raining!

4" and counting since yesterday.

Received almost 6" between 4:00 yesterday afternoon and this morning and it's still raining as I type this though by looks of the radar it should be done by the halfway mark this morning. I'm guessing on the amount as my rain guage as well as everyone else's around here only goes to 5.5 inches and it was above that mark.

Recieved 3.83-inches overnight w/out a single flash of lightning or roll of thunder.

1 hour ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Recieved 3.83-inches overnight w/out a single flash of lightning or roll of thunder.

that's by and large how we get rain anymore too- sometimes an old-fashioned smash-bang thunder-and-lightning storm with wind, but usually it's like someone opens up a big tap and it just pours for hours or days

it used to be dad would go out and cut four or five loads worth of hay every morning- he'd have me or my brother go out and rake what he'd cut the day before and then after noon we spent the day making square bales.  and it seemed like we spent all summer doing that.  Now I wait and wait and wait for a opening in the forecast, then I cut a pile of acres down and run like mad trying to get it picked up before the next week of rain

We had a popup storm roll through last evening around 6 pm before the main event rolled through, about 2.75"in the rain guage this morning.  Crops are happy!