Sign in to follow this  
Atilathehun99

Red Power Rain Gauge

A real cloud burst yesterday 2" all total. The first three minutes the majority fell and was all done by 10:30. Got darn hot and humid afterward.

I had a total of 1.5 inches of rain for the month of July where I live.

Got .04 on Monday morning. Yes even less than a 1/10" is cause for some joy this year. 15 miles east got 1.5":angry: At least our beans in that area got a drink. Not much hope for corn at this point. Most is 3-4' tall and trying to put on a ear. Some is just plain dead now.  Beans are setting pods but got a feeling there wont be much in them. Hay is pretty much non existant. Hoping to get a 4th cutting even if it is light.

Yesterday morning was very nice but, by 10 it got so humid you had to keep a hanky handy in one hand. Just hate it when the sweat drips on the glass's. Even riding on the Bobcat I got soaked.

A little more rain for us but 50 miles West the weather was wild much wind damage again!

1.1" late yesterday, in about 20 minutes. Since the end of May we've had rain probably twice a week, anywhere from 2 tenths to 3" at a time.  I've made more bad hay this year than I ever imagined possible, and of the "good" hay I wouldn't trust any of it in a barn. A lot of people have gone to wrapping all their bales. On the positive side in spite of all the rain this is the first year since 2012 the bottom ground hasn't flooded and the corn and soybeans look great.  Northeast Iowa

I guess I beat you with the 10 drops here.  who

knows maybe late this afternoon. 

we had a nice 2" rain at home on Wednesday. 25-35 miles north, they had 6" and washouts. here in north Alabama, it has rained most every day, and if it doesn't, the lone corn field between here and town curls right up.

2 hours ago, ny bill o said:

we had a nice 2" rain at home on Wednesday. 25-35 miles north, they had 6" and washouts. here in north Alabama, it has rained most every day, and if it doesn't, the lone corn field between here and town curls right up.

Unreal, still nothing here. Plan on start chopping next week to try and get something before its dust. Neighbor chopped some last week that really wasn't burnt up as bad as a lot of it and it was 30%DM so its about ready to go. Too bad there is no ear on it :(

just received 7 tenths in about an 1/2 hour.

it might help some.  we'll need more with the

heat coming again next week.

Well, the humidity went down yesterday thank goodness, a good breeze was sure nice. Hope Sunday's weather is nice as the wife and I are going for a tractor ride out of Forest Lake.

We got our first percip. since it rained for three days on first cutting in May. 12 hours of rain SMELL followed by 15 minutes of sprinkles. Don't laugh, that 12 hours of smell was worth every second when your nose has been full of "whush dust" for the last 2 1/2 months! (10 miles south of Walla Walla, Wash.)

Just enough to get things wet yesterday but still so humid it's hard to do much of anything! Got some Bobcat work to do at the daughters' before it rains too much otherwise it'll be muck!

NW Iowa. Got about a half inch last night with a lot of gusty wind. Woke me up about 3:30. My neighbors open front hog shelter lost part of the roof to the wind and a lot of tree branches down in town. Maybe got another .3" during the day today so far. We checked the soybeans fields for aphids today and they are still there! :angry: May still have to spray for them.  There are a few broken off soybean stems and plants laying flat. I saw a pretty well flattened alfalfa field. 

Still nothing here, 92 degrees and 80% humidity. Calling for heavy rain this weekend....we will see. Not sure if it would make a difference at this point

We got  .75 " yesterday.  Will help the 4th cutting and some of the not worst corn.  Could use that much every day next 20 days.

Yellowstone county just easy of me is stage 2 fire restriction--no smoking outside, engines after 1pm, welding, off road driving, ag work exempt but have water handy, 

About 25 percent behind on the year,  this time of year rain useually comes to fast it just runs off and no soaking in.

I'm hoping for wet winter.

Central Michigan, corn has been curled hard for the last two weeks, we need rain bad, supposed to get some tonight and tomorrow hopefully it comes.  92 degrees with high humidity today.

Little over 2 inches overnight and during the day today. Beautiful rain for corn and beans, but not so nice in the cattle yards. We will take it though, our crops look really good. We are way in NW Iowa.

It's been wind off the lake for a couple of days now so the temp is down but humidity is still up there. Silver Bay got 6 5/8" much flooding there, Wilmar got 13" in just a few hours that's trouble for sure! We got .33" the gardens are looking the best they've been in years!

Looked like we had a good chance yesterday with a good sized red areas to our west. But as the pattern of late it just went poof and was gone.

90 today, hottest week of year.  Normal.  Looks dry for next 2 weeks...fwiw.  One corn field we cant irrigate (well it's such a pain we dont) is done for I think.  I have been working on grass fields to keep them green and growing.  Have 3 reels running 25/8, way more work than you think!  4th on 7/31 looked muh heavier than we expected.  5 will be light and 6th will start getting normal Sept rain and cooler temps.  I hate to say it but it feels fallish in the mornings already.  We has July in April, June in May, then June kept on into July and now August is normal weather.  Started irrigating mid-July, 'bout normal I suppose.  Last year was Memorial day, way early.  I am just so surprised you guys in NY and PE dont irrigate.  I guess I just figured not seeing the area, I was wrong.  Here we (and inland) feed is  cheap, cheap b/ of Longshoremen and perfect weather.  Not sure where our next 2 harvest will go and silage corn looks great.