Sign in to follow this  
Atilathehun99

Red Power Rain Gauge

A week ago today we had a terrific wind storm, gusts of 100mph! A bit of rain with it .51". Half of Duluth and Eastward with out power with some not back on line yet! Line crews from as far away as Mo. here to help out. This all happened in less than 30 minutes! My neighbor across the river lives in a Balsam forest and it looks like jack straws there! Trees laying every which way. Weird weather! I'm cleaning up at our church a few trees down there too. I've lived here all my life and have never seen such wind.

5 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Do you guys not irrigate?

Nw wa.....No rain 2 weeks. Hi 80s and 3 weeks of dry.  Bit drier than normal.  Way better than last year.  We were irrigating Memorial day in 2015.  Started 10 days ago with 3 reels.

No irrigation anywhere around here. The norm here is to much moisture. 

Got a check of a light show last night came with rain just not sure how much guess is a quarter. So the first flashes one hour before it rolled over.

Got 3/10ths yesterday, corn has been tasseled for 2 weeks now and is curling up from the heat and no moisture.

Just poured out 5.1" since yesterday here in central Ky. Its still raining and giving rain off and on for several days.

Got .6" in SE Illinois tonight in 15 minutes. Very high winds blew down corn around the house. Split a maple tree in half in my yard. Had another big wild cherry tree blow down in the pasture. I helped dad clean that up since the leaves are bad news for cattle. 

0F0A6D58-2CD3-49E8-84D9-B68416DF5354_zps

3'' the week of June 13th  otherwise been 68-75 most days, 4 tenths last friday, Need some heat to finish off the grain, Killing spuds daily, great growing season for spuds this year. Still have 100 acres of spinach seed to cut and harvest. 

16 inches past 10 weeks, damn wet water oozing out of hills, creek burst banks twice in 2 weeks. Feast or famine

NWS posted a flood warning for us last night,  I think we got about an inch.  The good thing is that it came in a few hours and soaked in instead of in 10 minutes.

We got 1.8 inches at the home farm overnight and just 5 miles south at my house I got .5 inches. Things are finally greening back up with the near 3" we got last week.

Very dry here now. No water left in the creek so will be putting the pump in the pond out back today as the veggies and flowers are starting to wilt. Hot and humid predicted for next week so I better get at it.

Got enough yesterday to wet the road. We need a couple of inches really bad. Last year was about the best crops ever and now we go to crap.

Another 4" so far this week in Northeast Illinois 

We got an inch and three tenths last night.

Had 2" of rain this morning in Southern Michigan. That helps a bit. More chances this weekend. Will see of they materialize.

A beautiful day it was, not too hot and the humidity was down a bit. Pumped on the veggies all afternoon so they got about a half inch. I'll pump on the flowers today after church. I've tried using drip irrigation but, there's too much stuff in pond water and the emitters keep plugging up so spray it is.

we have missed the last few days of rain. 

have had only an inch for the month.

Had 80% chance last night....not a drop. Going on 2 months now. Oh well, maybe tommorow

I really wish you could come get some of our rain,  we need sun.  

4 inches this weekend after no rain to speak of since planting.... corn will really like this//////

We have gotten 1.1" since yesterday morning.  Still misting some now. Was some that came down to fast at first. 

.5" yesterday and last night, this will be great on my soys!!

None yesterday so more pumping today. Good sleeping weather though! 54* this morning. 1 st August, wow where did July go? Lots of tractor rides and shows coming up now every week end.

Got 0.8" here in Central Michigan between Thursday and Friday.

This is what the corn looks like here, 6 days between the two pics, same field, corn looks good for as dry as it is.

Bottom pic left two ears are off the same plant, I have a lot of double ear plants like this, also a lot of tillering going on, 32,500 population.

IMG_20160724_171713737_zpscvyp4wfi.jpg

IMG_20160730_174519941_zpsqv5kusfx.jpg