Brady Boy

The Road to Union Grove

Awesome pictures

I'm really enjoying this topic. Can you keep driving along and taking pictures. (Only kidding)

11 hours ago, ohio farmer said:

Billy, thanks for taking us along on your ride.

Love the pictures, especially the old granaries. I will look for you at Red Power.

Mark

Looking forward to it.  BK

4 hours ago, Pid 1831 said:

Awesome pictures

I'm really enjoying this topic. Can you keep driving along and taking pictures. (Only kidding)

The auto - steer on Springer doesn't work too well, lol.  BK

Awesome pictures Bill!! Hope to make it to another roundup one day and chat in person again!! Have a safe trip!!

Got fuel and breakfast in Hardin, and decided to visit the Custer National Cemetery.  Highly recommend it. BK

FB_IMG_1465178122860.jpg

FB_IMG_1465178130691.jpg

Coming into Braudus, I don't know what it is or where it's going, but it was B I G, Big.  I'm not  a MM guy, but I like this, and I knew Tony would.  It was across the street from the big mover.

FB_IMG_1465177903893.jpg

FB_IMG_1465177862698.jpg

Well preserved 1066. BK

2016-06-05 19.16.31-1280x967.jpg

Found this very nice 660, at Black Hills Tractor, Belle Fourche. BK

FB_IMG_1465177923091-1280x1055-1024x844.jpg

7 minutes ago, Brady Boy said:

Well preserved 1066. BK

2016-06-05 19.16.31-1280x967.jpg

That's an early one. Has the older cab

Saw a similar load in March one town west of broadus,

19 minutes ago, mader656 said:

Saw a similar load in March one town west of broadus,

Ashland maybe?   BK

Yup just before that big hill the push tractor was waiting at the hill though.

Slow day today.   Gonna take a short ride to Devils Tower after breakfast, give Springer a bath this afternoon, and head east on Hwy 212 tomorrow.   BK

Broadus must be on "to go" place for oversized loads.

A few years ago, I stayed at a motel there, and when I ate breakfast the next morning, there was this disassembled mining truck parked at the restaurant.

DSCN0342.JPG

A great day,  made a new farmall friend, rode to the Devils Tower, and gave Springer a bath.   I was only a couple miles west of Belle Fourche, when I found Ron mowing hay with his 1941 H.  Interesting story,  Ron's father in law bought this tractor new, and took delivery on 7 December 1941, Pearl Harbor day.  Been in the family ever since.  Ron said this tractor was part of the last shipment, this dealer got with rubber tires.  All the rubber was going to the war effort.  Cool story.  BK

FB_IMG_1465249217928.jpg

Anyone interested in buying a town?  Aladdin is for sale  $1,500,000, store, house,  motel.  A real original general store, I had an ice cream  bar, lol.

2016-06-06 14.53.10.jpg

FB_IMG_1465249284432.jpg

My first glimpse of the tower, I think it was about 12 miles out.

FB_IMG_1465249314221-1024x576.jpg

FB_IMG_1465249323832-1024x1146.jpg

6 or 7 miles out,   and finally near a gift shop, just outside the park gate.  This is my third or fourth visit,  and it's still impressive.   BK

FB_IMG_1465249329820.jpg

FB_IMG_1465249343813.jpg

Will be bugging out tomorrow,  heading east on Hwy 212.  Am I getting close to anybody?  See you down the road.

Go another 350 miles east on 212, and you will be almost in my yard-----------

Give me a holler and I will buy a cold one-------or supper------or something.

Let me know if you you are coming this way, and I will supply a cell #.

Mike

4 hours ago, Brady Boy said:

A great day,  made a new farmall friend, rode to the Devils Tower, and gave Springer a bath.   I was only a couple miles west of Belle Fourche, when I found Ron mowing hay with his 1941 H.  Interesting story,  Ron's father in law bought this tractor new, and took delivery on 7 December 1941, Pearl Harbor day.  Been in the family ever since.  Ron said this tractor was part of the last shipment, this dealer got with rubber tires.  All the rubber was going to the war effort.  Cool story.  BK

FB_IMG_1465249217928.jpg

There is something about an H and a Deere sickle mower that is a perfect combination.  Must be the pto and ground speed ratio that you can't obtain with another combination.

Ron

4 hours ago, Brady Boy said:

6 or 7 miles out,   and finally near a gift shop, just outside the park gate.  This is my third or fourth visit,  and it's still impressive.   BK

FB_IMG_1465249329820.jpg

FB_IMG_1465249343813.jpg

Danged good piece of navigational equipment when flying across that part of the country.

Ron

That MM has either been pampered in its life or has been restored at one point. Nice clean machine ,looks like its been setting there a while.

Agree with Ron on the H & J.D. mower that was a good combo and that picture is such a throw back to the fifties ,so common around here then yet so gone from around here for 50 years. It takes me back to a very pleasant time growing up.

Ron Cook , Sure that's not a giant VOR?:D

Great pictures ,Bill

Tony

2 hours ago, tony in ca. said:

That MM has either been pampered in its life or has been restored at one point. Nice clean machine ,looks like its been setting there a while.

Agree with Ron on the H & J.D. mower that was a good combo and that picture is such a throw back to the fifties ,so common around here then yet so gone from around here for 50 years. It takes me back to a very pleasant time growing up.

Ron Cook , Sure that's not a giant VOR?:D

Great pictures ,Bill

Tony

Tony,  It is better than a VOR except that the danged thing is "line of sight".

Ron