Sign in to follow this  
Farmall_F-20

IH 606

went and looked at a 606 unknown year, the guy didnt know much about it it was left at his shop from a previous renter that packed up and left.. it has a loader on it appears to be in good shape.. anyone had one before and how did you like them.. i dont have much experience with a 606 looking for some insight

i had one in the 80's. Was my main loader tractor then. My son has one now. His loader tractor.

Short turning with the swept back front axle. 60 Hp tractor. Stronger than the 460 utility they replaced. I think because they upped the compression and used fire crater pistons and might have bumped the RPM a little. 221 Cu in engine i believe. Not as strong as the 656 that replaced them with a bigger engine and newer technology.

I just rebuilt the engine in my sons this winter. less than $2000 in complete engine rebuild and a clutch. ( with my labor)

Pretty easy to work on. old style IH dry disc brakes.

Mine was a fasthitch and I pulled a 3 bottom plow with it pretty easy. My son's is 3 point and he pulls a 4 bottom and a 7 ft brush hog.

I always read that they are relatively rare only made 1800 of them. in the 70s they were all over this part of the country. I still see them on craigslist around here.

Running good. with good tires and a loader with hyd bucket they seem to sell in the $3500 range but I have seen them sell at auction for $6500.

I have never seen one that did not have a loader on it. Usually a IH 2000 loader or a 2001.

really thats great thank you i was going to pick this up for 1000 bucks so it looks like a decent deal

I have only seen a diesel one at a tractor show. all the ones around here were gas.

Good luck!

I have a pair of 606 diesel utilities. One is a '65 with vertical exhaust and the other a '66 with underslung exhaust. Neat little machines, but some parts are unique to them.

I had a 606 diesel for a dozen years, was a good handy tractor. Bought it running on five cylinders, new exhaust valve's and a head gasket later she ran and started quite well. 2000 loader is a good strong loader.

This is it the day I sold it.post-64610-0-00635400-1463397386_thumb.j