jcurry

Drott 150k3

jcurry    0

Ok so I have what I believe is a 1968 IH 150 Loader (serial # L-150P11677) that has the Drott 4 in 1 skid shovel model 150k3 (serial # A16128). I'm having issues with what I believe to be the Hydro Spring. The spring is broken in several spots and hydraulic fluid seeps from around the bottom of a cylinder when I turn the engine. i don't have the correct manual for this Drott attachment and can't seem to find one. Any help on finding parts numbers or a parts and instruction book would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

It should have a valve on the line going to the cylinder, at least my 175C does and the book shows it. Turn the valve off if it does. The spring was there for cushioning the system when you were tramming with a load raised in the bucket. Thats a healthy spring on there. If it's broken, someone must have been really overloading that puppy.

D

jcurry    0

The spring was broken when my dad bought the dozen about 8 or 9 years ago. It looks to me like they wedged a block of wood between the top plate about the spring and the outer panel. The wood finally dry rotted and here we are. We've had several issues with this machine. Blown head gasket, torque converter came apart. The previous owner didn't take very good care of it. I just need to find the correct manual for the 150k3 so i can start the parts hunt.

lonelyposto    0

Hello,

I have the parts book and you have the same machine as me. Let me know exactly what you are looking for and I will try to post a pic of the page and part #.

Rawleigh99    0

It was pretty common for them to break I think. The one on my 175C was broken and we never fixed it. We just used it with the valve closed. It is a great idea when it works, but 40 years + hence, that is a lot of cycles on the spring. The packing can probably be sourced from a hydraulic supply house. Check with a truck spring place if you can't find a spring.

jcurry    0

I'm looking for the hydro spring assembly. I would like to get a copy of your book if I could.

lonelyposto    0

Fyi guys... i am having trouble finding my books if anyone else can help.

Shawn

Rawleigh99    0

Put a saved search on Ebay that will email you when the manual comes up. That is where I get most of my manuals. Jensales has them. Therir copies aren't as clear as I would like, but if they are the only source use them. I got my 500c manuals from them.

http://www.jensales.com/IHC-150/

jcurry    0

I called jensales and they don't have it. Only place I have found that might have it is RTT in rochdale England and they won't answer the phone.

Rawleigh99    0

Isn't the K3 designation just the Drott loader? It was on the older TD9 I had.

lonelyposto    0

I found my books but i cant find anything in parts manual for the spring or hydraulic system. Here is a pic of my manuals if it helps you find some.

post-110977-0-65879900-1461420145_thumb.

lonelyposto    0

Great news!!! Found the the drott supplements. It was in my other folder.

Az.Nick    0

So whats the verdict JC did you find the parts?

FYI I have the manual for the 9K3 if every needed!

Nick

jcurry    0

Nope. No luck on any parts. I smoked the starter about a week ago, $200 burnt. Got that back in. Going to start replacing all of the wiring next. I have a 9k3 manual but from what I've read and the serial plate on the Drott attachment I need a 150k3 manual for parts. Not really sure if the parts are similar or not. I'm a novice on this machine. My dad and I always worked on it together, and he always found parts so I'm learning as I go with him being gone almost a year now.

lonelyposto    0

Here is my machine and it is 150K3. A140084 Drott 150K3.

I am a little confused as to what the difference between what I posted and what you need is.

Shawn

post-110977-0-72755500-1463399763_thumb.

post-110977-0-54299500-1463399939_thumb.