Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rocko59

Repost on TD30's, TD25's & TD40's

Most of this was posted already, but I put it up again to see what you guys have to say about the origin of the TD40 & where the TD30 fits in, they are 3rd biggest, the TD25C's were heavier, then the TD25E's, check out the chart in the Crawler Historical Power & Weight topic. BTW here's a pic of the first TD40, notice the final drives, they're almost exactly like the TD20E's built from '74 on, the date on this TD40 brochure is Aug '84, Dresser took over IH Construction Div on Sept '82 so I'm quite certain that IH had a lot to do with the design of the late style TD40. The HP figures that were quoted above are a bit out, this is from IH material, the TD25E's had the DT817C with 310 HP & were 73,100 lbs operating weight with blade, ripper & cab. The TD25G's with a Cummins KT1150 had 320 HP & were 73,400 lbs with the same equipment. The TD25E was the last real IH model. The TD40 with a KTA-1150C had 460 HP & with the same equipment weighed in at 134,200 lbs, in the pic it still says International, although it has the Hough logo too, it was the IH/Hough division of Dresser Industries at this time. What else can we come up with? I was talking to a guy on the phone one day at work, he worked in IH engineering & told me about the early release of the TD30, IH Sales said to start building them when the head of Engineering was on holidays, he was really PO'd when he found out. :angry::angry: Russ B)

post-363-1130048993.jpg

post-363-1130049237.jpg

post-363-1130049354.jpg

no time to sleep you have to be on the ball .....look at TD-30 picture she a long way down....

Rick

[/color]

colt-60, did you notice the fellow has a hard hat on???? saftey first, LOL

that is too high for me, LOL

thansk

THE BALD KING

Yep, you never know when that bird is going to take a giant dump on your head...... :ph34r:

Great info., Russ!

IH RD

HI, I'm looking for another Dresser td40/B and I know that some one had advt. on e-bay. I don't know if you know of any for sale up north

HI, I'm looking for another Dresser td40/B and I know that some one had advt. on e-bay. I don't know if you know of any for sale up north

Hi Paul,

Glad you joined us here! I don't know much about the TD-40's other than they're huge machines :lol: . Rocko59 knows, but he's been missing as of late :ph34r: .

This one has been on ebay a few times.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=002

I would be very leary of this dude. You got to wonder why it's been buried so long and he lacked the ambition to pull it out?! Furthermore, he won't even assist in the loading of it....nice! I think it has been listed & relisted 3 or 4 times it started at $22,000 & the last time it was at $19,500. There have been people that have asked this guy legit questions and all he gives are some smart *ss anwers-got to love a guy like that :angry: .

One thing about it; should make a great parts machine if this dude can be trusted.

IH RD :)