Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IHMAN3388

F Series Road Gear

14 posts in this topic

:blink: How was the Road gear handled by Farmall in the F-series?

Was the road gear was in every transmission but locked out by a bolt at the factory unless Rubber was ordered?

Thoughts?

IHMAN3388

Dad had a 1935 F-20 that had the fast fourth gear in the upper right position. It was handy...you could start out in third, then shift to fourth by double clutching and shifting with your right foot!

The F-12 and F-14 had a 3 speed trany, they could be specially ordered with a 6 or 9 mph road gear. Heisler (sp) also made a 2 speed for the F-12-14-20-30.

Jeremy

Dad had a 1935 F-20 that had the fast fourth gear in the upper right position.  It was handy...you could start out in third, then shift to fourth by double clutching and shifting with your right foot!

yep, sure can. ive got two 20's with the 'high speed trnasmission' in them where 4th is in the upper right position. thinking of putting a Behlen overdrive on one to see how fast we can go :blink::P

Dad had a 1935 F-20 that had the fast fourth gear in the upper right position.  It was handy...you could start out in third, then shift to fourth by double clutching and shifting with your right foot!

yep, sure can. ive got two 20's with the 'high speed trnasmission' in them where 4th is in the upper right position. thinking of putting a Behlen overdrive on one to see how fast we can go :blink::P

neighbor had a F-14 with the 9 mph road gear in it and he had a 2 speed on it too :D He said i would do 25 really eazy :D:D:D:D:D:D

Jeremy

neighbor had a F-14 with the 9 mph road gear in it and he had a 2 speed on it too :D He said i would do 25 really eazy :D:D:D:D:D:D

Jeremy

im just thinking for a tractor ride deal. wouldnt have to run the engine up so fast to keep up. that and smoke the JD boys :D they already hate me though :blink:

Hey Old F-20, The internal overdrive won't add any speed to the add-on box on a F-20, Regular,or F-30 because you shift the transmission into neutral and then engage the box to go into overdrive. Out- run the green one's! I like the way you think!

The F-12/14 box will double up the input shafts speed or more depending on the ratio in the box. That is why it is recomended that the pulley be removed from the tractor.

Does anyone have a F-12 box that is quite? I have one but sure makes a lot of whinning when in overdive. My 12 is on steel and will not even pull itself on level ground in 3rd High.

Hey Old F-20, The internal overdrive won't add any speed to the add-on box on a F-20, Regular,or F-30 because you shift the transmission into neutral and then  engage the box to go into overdrive.  Out- run the green one's!  I like the way you think! 

The F-12/14 box will double up the input shafts speed or more depending on the ratio in the box.  That is why it is recomended that the pulley be removed from the tractor.

Does anyone have a F-12 box that is quite? I have one but sure makes a lot of whinning when in overdive.  My 12 is on steel and will not even pull itself on level ground in 3rd High.

I was just going to say that but you beet me to it :D

I have 3 of the heisler 2 speed boxes for the f-12-14, only one is on a running tractor and it is fairly noisy, i would like to put the other 2 on another one of my running 12's to see how noisy they are. Why should the belt pully be removed, i have one on the F-12 that has the 2 speed. Also the 2 speeds i have all have the same ratio stamed on the box's tag, was there differn't speeds made ??

Jeremy

ahh crap. i was thinking of the F-12 gearbox was the same as the 20's. looks like i was out of it when i thought that. :blink:

I have a 36 f20 with the high speed 4th gear. It took me about 2 years looking to find a Heisler overdrive to fit it. Found one in Abedeen SD, got it put in, I haven't clocked it, but it will run like a scalded dog . I think its faster than my H with 13.6's. The only thing is that the rear end has quite a whinnnne . If you can stand the noise you can cover a lot of ground in a hurry.

so........................................maybe im not crazy :blink:

so........................................maybe im not crazy :blink:

No, just need to find a 4-500 dollar 2 speed for your F-20 and you will be set :D

Jeremy

I have a 36 f20 with the high speed 4th gear. It took me about 2 years looking to find a Heisler overdrive to fit it. Found one in Abedeen SD, got it put in,  I haven't clocked it, but it will run like a scalded dog . I think its faster than my H with 13.6's. The only thing is that the rear end has quite a whinnnne . If you can stand the noise you can cover a lot of ground in a hurry.

holy crap, you live like 10 minutes from me!!!! small world :D