Rough but lets try

14 replies to this topic

#11 tony in ca.

tony in ca.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts
  • Interests:Family, Farming, Letter & hundred series tractors & equipment in particular, and, all things I.H.in general
    With a fondness for 50-60's I.H. L.P.'s
    Member: I.H.C.C.Chapter #14, Calif.& National I.H. Collectors.
    Member: Edge & TA Branch #8 & 209
    Member: Volunteer Committee World Ag Expo. Tulare, Ca.
    Member: Volunteer Committee Calif.Farm Antique Equipment Show. Tulare, Ca.(C.A.F.E.S.)

Posted Today, 08:27 AM

Could not resist taking these pictures . They were at same yard next to the dyno's

That's a I.H.# 184 cotton planter & the Hay rake behind it is the second model made of the "Morrel wheel rake", manufactured in Tulare ,Ca. Very popular out here in the 50's & 60's.
I think every M and H in these parts pulled one at some time in their life.lol
I can't get enough of looking at these two pictures Its a exact scene from yesteryear .Those M's are beautiful just the way they sit. DAM this RED FEVER MUST BE GETTING THE BEST OF ME.
Tony

Tony, You need to check the tag on the M on the right. If the tag is still there and it matches the grill on that tractor it is either a SMD or a SMD-TA with a TA Delete. In either case they should be in your toy box. Once you get one of those dino's in working order and the word gets out you will have more friends then you ever knew you had coming over on weekends to find out how many hp their toy is really producing. 

Another though, if you could get one unit going without sacrificing the other. You could eventually fix up the other for resale to one of those envious weekend friends.

Thanks, Pat,
Its a SMD .My young friend Richard Reichert just bought it to restore along with his other MD.
However, Richard has a great NEW LOVE in his life so MD may come in second.
Tony

#12 tony in ca.

tony in ca.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts
  • Interests:Family, Farming, Letter & hundred series tractors & equipment in particular, and, all things I.H.in general
    Member: Volunteer Committee Calif.Farm Antique Equipment Show. Tulare, Ca.(C.A.F.E.S.)

Posted Today, 08:31 AM

Pete will tell you and I would say I would not make one from two---I would make two from two. Pete can get you the parts you need and we all know you have the money--so what are you waiting on. :)  :D

Don't be so certain on the money, Randy, The Almond crop was 30% off this year :o But I hoping to save both.

Tony

#13 tony in ca.

tony in ca.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted Today, 08:40 AM

Could not resist taking these pictures . They were at same yard next to the dyno's

That's a I.H.# 184 cotton planter & the Hay rake behind it is the second model made of the "Morrel wheel rake", manufactured in Tulare ,Ca. Very popular out here in the 50's & 60's.
I think every M and H in these parts pulled one at some time in their life.lol
I can't get enough of looking at these two pictures Its a exact scene from yesteryear .Those M's are beautiful just the way they sit. DAM this RED FEVER MUST BE GETTING THE BEST OF ME.
Tony

Tony, You need to check the tag on the M on the right. If the tag is still there and it matches the grill on that tractor it is either a SMD or a SMD-TA with a TA Delete. In either case they should be in your toy box. Once you get one of those dino's in working order and the word gets out you will have more friends then you ever knew you had coming over on weekends to find out how many hp their toy is really producing. 

Another though, if you could get one unit going without sacrificing the other. You could eventually fix up the other for resale to one of those envious weekend friends.

I do hope to save both dyno.s.

Guys! If I am going to add anything to my toy box It will be this JEWEL ! Its in the same yard but Owner does not want to sell ,YET!

High Cotton & Delta Dirt  should appreciate this.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN1830.JPG

#14 ole three bottom

ole three bottom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,467 posts

Posted Today, 09:07 AM

So many treasures, so little time...

Little Wonder, I'm no Little Genius. But I get closer to being a #60 with each passing year.

Grandpa's Surer H, 1944 H, My ole 1066, 710 6-16 Automatic, Little Genius plows, 1 and 2 bottom ,2 bottom Little Wonder,2-#27V mowers, a #25 mower, #7 mower, 240 HM, 2 row cultivators, High wheel McCormick grain drill, S-3 Cream Separator. Collecting ole Red Iron can be expensive, But It sure is fun.

#15 2+2 Guy

2+2 Guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • Interests:Faith,Family, Friends, Farming & Farmalls

Posted Today, 10:53 AM

Nice find, Tony. I have to agree with OTB on the so many treasures, so little time... statement and I'm going to add ....and never enough money.

I don't suffer from Red Fever. I enjoy every minute of it.

Reply to this topic