Legal question

13 replies to this topic

#11 Hot Plug

Hot Plug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,323 posts
  • Interests:IHC - Air, Fuel , & Spark , & Turbo`s too !& "The Odd Coors Lite "

Posted Yesterday, 08:44 PM

Naaaaa ........  then the girlfriend will want me , His Wifey  will be looking for me , I`d have these orange Peels to look after an Dog`s that need feed`in an then theres Phew ......  these Old tired Chevy`s an a Nissan .....  Choke, Choke , .....  leave me out of this remember anbody  with a wife Girlfriend that post`s this sort of thing is going to be in ......Nevermind ............... :o

HP

#12 MTO

MTO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,654 posts

Posted Today, 08:58 AM

In my experience the life insurance death benefit is paid directly to the beneficiary and does not go into the deceased estate. My parents will made no mention of their life insurance in their will. I have heard of cases where somehow the estate was the beneficiary, in that case the insurance money is taxed and used to pay obligations of the estate just like any other cash in the estate would be. Personally I think it's advantages to keep it out of the estate, but everybodies situation is different and I'm no lawyer.

That makes perfect sense but remember we`re dealing with law. 

I am a lawyer and in Virginia at least, the insurance policy is a contract between the insurance company and the beneficiary.  The proceeds pass outside of the estate and short of some major undue influence on the part of the beneficiary over the decedent to get the beneficiary put on the policy (which would entail a lawsuit to prove) it would not be part of the estate.

Thank you Raleigh! And I don`t hate ALL lawyers...

I hate to say this but ,a man with a wife AND a girlfriend will probably NEED a lawyer sooner than later !!!

And, a guy that seeks legal advice from a tractor forum probably needs help in a few other areas as well........

That`s just hurtful...

MTO are you thinking you're going to croak?

Sooner or later, yeah. 

I hate to say this but ,a man with a wife AND a girlfriend will probably NEED a lawyer sooner than later !!!

And, a guy that seeks legal advice from a tractor forum probably needs help in a few other areas as well........

That is so funny, but true.  Here is another wrinkle.  Most applications for insurance require an insurable interest on the part of the beneficiary.  An adulterous affair outside of marriage is usually considered an illegal act and is therefore uninsurable.  You are attempting to foray into some dangerous territory.  It would be easier for you to name Hot Plug as your beneficiary on an insurance policy than it would be a girlfriend.

You can`t be serious.

Naaaaa ........  then the girlfriend will want me , His Wifey  will be looking for me , I`d have these orange Peels to look after an Dog`s that need feed`in an then theres Phew ......  these Old tired Chevy`s an a Nissan .....  Choke, Choke , .....  leave me out of this remember anbody  with a wife Girlfriend that post`s this sort of thing is going to be in ......Nevermind ............... :o

HP

Nissan died of cancer... sniff.

#13 Rawleigh99

Rawleigh99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,492 posts

Posted Today, 09:06 AM

MTO:  If the wife and girlfriend ever compare notes you may be croaking sooner than you expect!!  LOL!

Rawleigh

1973 IH 500C a.k.a."Calico Cat"
1955 Cat D2 5U bulldozer with Hyster D2N winch
1945 Cat D2 3J crawler tractor
1979 Pettibone "Super 6" Forklift a.k.a. "Too Tall"
1973 Ford F600 Dump Truck
1980 Ford F350 Flatbed a.k.a. "Beastie"
1960 Allis Chalmers Model 72 All Crop combine
1966 Case 931 Comfort King Tractor

Sold:

1988 Mack R688ST Road Tractor
1955 IH TD 9 with Drott Loader

#14 oldtanker

oldtanker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,763 posts
  • Interests:Old tractors, hunting, fishing. Home Brewing! SCUBA.

Posted Today, 05:49 PM

Old, old US Calvary toast: "Here's to our wives and women we love....(pause).....may they never meet"!

Rick

I the willing,

have lead the unknowing,

with nothing,

to do the impossible,

for the uncaring.

I have done so much,

with so little,

for so long,

that I am now qualified to do anything!

US Army NCO Corp.

Reply to this topic