34 replies to this topic

#31 Putt-Putt Operator

Putt-Putt Operator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 01:21 PM

I wondered about the UPF6 as that wasn't one I recognized off hand. As to NC13427, it is hangared in Wapato Washington and is now owned by Greg Babcock who is an AI & A&E and he and I talk back and forth occasionally and verbally I am supposed to have right of first refusal if and when Greg decides to sell. He still has all of the original logs and the plane is still in current license and flown by him as needed or wanted. I have pictures of my oldest boy, Mike, setting in the plane when he went back to the state of Washington on a trip and made the effort to go see his grandads first plane which I think is neat. I will scan some and post later.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HD - would love to see the pictures. I would guess that a Waco was a pretty ritzy plane in general in the 1930s, unless someone had the dough for a Spartan Executive or one of those other 450 horse sized planes.

I did check the number of registered VPF-7s, and there are a total of two registered in the United States, so there may be some truth to it that only 6 were produced. There's some scribble or tags or something in the plane, too, signifying its use in Argentina's Air Force. I guess being a rare Waco isn't that rare, though - seems like when you look through the model line-up, there aren't that many that were produced in large numbers. Just about all them from the '30s and '40s are pretty. Good luck with your venture in getting yours back.

#32 Big 1568

Big 1568

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Tractor collecting, Reading History Books, Listening to Classical Music, Mechanical Engineer for CNH, Helping run our tractor repair shop buisness. Working on our coal fired boiler.

Posted 24 January 2005 - 08:08 PM

1) Land
2) TA little bit of each, tractors, pickups, cars, airplanes (P-51D or the widow maker B) )
3) building space
“Cynicism is the smoke that rises from the ashes of burned out dreams." – Anon

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." – Douglas Adams

"I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night." -Greek proverb

"Education doesn't change life much. It just lifts trouble to a higher plane of regard." - Robert Frost

"Engineering is the art of modelling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyse, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." - A. R. Dykes

#33 Wheels

Wheels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:49 PM

James you got somthing to pull that trailer with ?  :D
FP

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You don't think my truck will handle something Like that??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :P

Actually, My brother's got a '99 F-350 diesel, I also think Dad may consider putting a plate in his F-250 if I get a trailer, B)

A heavy pickup could also be added to my tie for # 3, along with a Farmall 460 diesel.

Wheels

#34 waterpourer

waterpourer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Farmall, IH tractors, farming, engineering (my occupation), Lakota Sioux Indian culture

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:57 PM

I would like a 1470 hill side CIH combine. a 12 row planter....and 10,000 bushel bin ahh ****. lets make it bigger.

Shawn

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you're down around Cushing, Shawn, I'll bet you could really use that sidehill rig!!
"There were a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit!"

SM-TA (bought new by my dad), SC, 706 Gasser, 504 Utility w/ a 2001 loader

#35 Farmall Power

Farmall Power

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,966 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 01:03 PM

You don't think my truck will handle something Like that??? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :D  :D  :P

Actually, My brother's got a '99 F-350 diesel,  I also think Dad may consider putting a plate in his F-250 if I get a trailer, B)

A heavy pickup could also be added to my tie for # 3,  along with a  Farmall 460 diesel.

Wheels

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would love to see that poor half ton Ford with a 35 GN behind it :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
FP
I own, 1957 A100 Golden anniversary, 1967 1100, 1972 1110, 1973 1210 IH pickups
10, f-12's, 2 F-14's, F-20nt, W-12. W-6, M, A, 600d sn: 2012,plus #2 little wonder plow and several little genius plow. NO:9 mower on rubber.
Farm with 7140 MFD, 3688, F826D and what ever else is on the lot or handy.

03 ram 3500, 600 HP and counting. 97 ram 2500 with a few mods. 82 vw diesel jetta.
2000 w900 kw , 98 w900 kw 75th anv.edition.

Ex technition for the red army. Farm, run a repair- restoration shop, trucking company .

Reply to this topic