34 replies to this topic

#21 Mudder Fan

Mudder Fan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 09:47 AM

Unlimited funds means I only need two things. A nice big shop and a barn to store my tractors in.

#22 H-D

H-D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,296 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, motorcycles (mostly Harley-Davidson) red tractors (some green too), old cars (1929 Model A original drivable) and good friends, (J) and BBQ etc.

Posted 24 January 2005 - 11:01 AM

A BIG hangar with turntable and underground parking for my V-35 Bonanza N14422, 1933 UIC Waco NC13427, P-51, Vought F4U Corsair, and others along with parking for the red tractors etc.

#23 Putt-Putt Operator

Putt-Putt Operator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 11:30 AM

A BIG hangar with turntable and underground parking for my V-35 Bonanza N14422, 1933 UIC Waco NC13427, P-51,  Vought F4U Corsair, and others along with parking for the red tractors etc. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No Jug, huh HD? I always liked the jugs, but everyone I've talked to always says they're hard to fly and then they always say "If you could build a runway around the world, Republic would build a plane that would use the entire thing". Besides, I'm just a rider in the copilot seat, so it's not like I could get up in one.

The WACO is a nice plane - didn't know you had one. Someone near home has a rare bird of one, VPF-6 or something with a production run of 6 made as trainers for the Argentine air force. Cowl over the engine, canopy over the rear seat only - front wide open, and a 240 horse continental - and no radio. Airplane's so pretty that even a Stearman owner would like it.

Anyway - my wish list would be 10,000 acres - 2,000 of them wooded with a trout stream running through the woods - property tax free each year -and a mix of old and new equipment of all brands to farm it. Oh yeah, and a hangar big enough to hide HDs planes, one of every gun ever made in the US (as well as a few Swiss and German guns), and one of every guitar ever made in the United States. And a 9 foot Bosendorfer grand piano.

#24 H-D

H-D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,296 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, motorcycles (mostly Harley-Davidson) red tractors (some green too), old cars (1929 Model A original drivable) and good friends, (J) and BBQ etc.

Posted 24 January 2005 - 11:49 AM

PPO, correct on the no Jug, just not one of my favorite planes. The Waco was the first airplane my dad bought and also learned to fly in and it is a 5 place bi-wing cabin, with a 220 Cont. and has the bump cowl. Quite an airplane back in the 30's to have a enclosed cabin and sure can be a handfull on a concrete runway in a hard crosswind even today.

#25 Putt-Putt Operator

Putt-Putt Operator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 11:57 AM

HD - I don't think I've seen a WACO in person that wasn't chubby- I can imagine one with a cabin would get pushed a bit in a crosswind.

I also cheated and looked up planes registered in Gettysburg, PA and found that the airplane that I was talking about was a VPF-7 and not a VPF-6. The picture of the VPF-7 that I've seen online (http://www.aerofiles.com/waco-VPF7.jpg) doesn't show the engine cowling, though, so I'm not sure how it got on the airplane. Maybe that was a mix and match option that wasn't dependent on model? That model never touches pavement for I don't know what reason. I've only ever seen it land on grass parts of the airport no matter how nice the day.

I sure wish those WACOs were a little more affordable. They bring the $$$$ if they're nice. You're lucky to have grown up in an aviation family. My parents wouldn't get involved in anything that cost more than $3 so I always had to ride along with someone else. :(

#26 Ernest

Ernest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 12:05 PM

1. I'll agree with TP about the city slickers.
2. Land of my own.
3. Access and funds to purchase Farmall and IH I wanted!

#27 H-D

H-D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 12:18 PM

I wondered about the UPF6 as that wasn't one I recognized off hand. As to NC13427, it is hangared in Wapato Washington and is now owned by Greg Babcock who is an AI & A&E and he and I talk back and forth occasionally and verbally I am supposed to have right of first refusal if and when Greg decides to sell. He still has all of the original logs and the plane is still in current license and flown by him as needed or wanted. I have pictures of my oldest boy, Mike, setting in the plane when he went back to the state of Washington on a trip and made the effort to go see his grandads first plane which I think is neat. I will scan some and post later.

#28 Wheels

Wheels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 01:08 PM

My wish list,

1.) 36 foot gooseneck trailer with tandem duals, for hauling tractors to pulls and so on, also could haul hay with it.

2.) Another Bobcat, Either a 763 or 853 with enclosed cab and heater.

3.) Tie between a 8 row 800 Cyclo planter, Disc-bine, More cows and a open loafing barn to put the cows in.

Some day..... B) ;)

Wheels

#29 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 01:14 PM

1. More land paid clean and clear for.
2. Grain Storage facility with leg, dryer, cooling bins
3. 80x120 pole barn for machinery storage.
Do what you love to do, until you're too broke to do it anymore or you're dead. -- Pete Gile

"Never criticize a farmer with your mouth full."

McCormick Deering 10-20, Farmall C, '56 Farmall 400 Gas, IH 784 utility, '69 Farmall 856 D

#30 Farmall Power

Farmall Power

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,966 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 01:14 PM

James you got somthing to pull that trailer with ? :D
FP
I own, 1957 A100 Golden anniversary, 1967 1100, 1972 1110, 1973 1210 IH pickups
10, f-12's, 2 F-14's, F-20nt, W-12. W-6, M, A, 600d sn: 2012,plus #2 little wonder plow and several little genius plow. NO:9 mower on rubber.
Farm with 7140 MFD, 3688, F826D and what ever else is on the lot or handy.

03 ram 3500, 600 HP and counting. 97 ram 2500 with a few mods. 82 vw diesel jetta.
2000 w900 kw , 98 w900 kw 75th anv.edition.

Ex technition for the red army. Farm, run a repair- restoration shop, trucking company .

Reply to this topic