Anyone here going?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Birdman

Birdman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Interests:Almost anything outdoors. IH machines owned: 6788 2+2, 3088 cab tractor, 1660 CIH combine, IH 800 8rw planter, 9400i Eagle 2003 Tt

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

http://notill.org/

We Are Stewards of the Earth: Building Wealth by Building Soil Health
2013 No-till On The Plains Winter Conference

Just wondered if anyone here at RPF was going to attend this thing on January 29-30th? Looks interresting, I think I'm going and also to the Agriculture Innovative Minds Symposium on the 31st. Think I'll make reservations tomorrow at the Courtyard by Marriott there in Salina. Anyone know how nice that Hotel is, I've never stayed there.

eagle511.png

If you love agriculture and wildlife, visit my website! Click on the link below:
http://www.sustainab....com/index.html

#2 SMOKER 1

SMOKER 1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts
  • Interests:IH & Farmall Tractors & Equipment

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:25 AM

When I started notilling 20 years ago, I went to alot of those symposiums. The only thing learned was that I was waisting my time. Every farm and every operator situation is different thus you will learn more by doing your own research on your own farm. Most of the speakers at these conferences are sponsored by a chemical company, so they say what they are told. You will learn the most about farming practices by riding around your own neighborhood and talking to your neighbors and the old timers.

my 2 cents - jerry

FOREVER RED: I 706, 766G, Super WD9 w/factory hand clutch, 2 Lousville Super Ms hooked in a tandem, 49 M, Original 656 D with 2250 loader, 130, 140 w/ One Arm Loader, 1026 Gold Demo (belongs to Smoker 2), Original Low Houred 3688 w/2355 loader, 1256, Original 766D  w/2350 loader, Original 666D w/2250 loader, 2 CC Originals, 682 w/#2 trailer,  Prototype 800 Planter, 1979 Scout II Rallye, and sheds full of CIH & NH equipment. + MM G1000 Wheatland Propane & M&W P-2000 Dyno. Favorite colors:  The workers:  NH Genesis 8870, T8.330, 7130, Farmall 95 w/ 730 loader.  I love tractors!!!!!  RED, BLUE & PRAIRIE GOLD.

#3 Birdman

Birdman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Interests:Almost anything outdoors. IH machines owned: 6788 2+2, 3088 cab tractor, 1660 CIH combine, IH 800 8rw planter, 9400i Eagle 2003 Tt

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

Thanks Jerry. I figured as much but I have a landlord from the city that wants me to go to it. I figured what the heck, he's paying for it and I always like learning so might as well give it a whirl, lol.

eagle511.png

If you love agriculture and wildlife, visit my website! Click on the link below:

#4 Birdman

Birdman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

Hey guys! Well here I am at the conference in Salina KS! Been here since Monday, it was 72F Monday at 3:30 when I checked in at the hotel, by Tuesday it was cold as heck and last night we had 3" of snow and ice! Got to love this Midwest weather! The first part of the conference went great and it was a lot of fun and learned tons of stuff about soil health, biology and cover crops. Tomorrow is the AIM symposium and should be more focused and precise...very intense! Will be going home Friday....until then I'm enjoying the hot tub and indoor pool here!

eagle511.png

#5 IHRunner

IHRunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts
  • Interests:Red Vehicles

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

salina? he!! i should go pester you. seems like its going well buddy. did you find you a good hotel

#6 Birdman

Birdman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

Haha, that would be cool! Come on over and I'll buy ya a beer and a steak!

Yep, staying at Courtyard by Marriot. It's pricey but first class.

Yeah the conference is great, I've gotten to meet most of the instructors in person and some of them are pretty well known in the no-till world. One from Australia, one from Brazil, a couple of producers from KS and surrounding states that are into cover crops big time. It's been quite the experience.

My landlord is also here with me at the conference learning too. I'm glad he pushed me in this direction...sometimes people who care try to help us and we just don't just don't realize it for what it is.

eagle511.png

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Anyone here going?