3 replies to this topic

#1 papaduck

papaduck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:43 AM

Hello, from forum newbie. I am working on a 500 serial # 2366 with reverser. I am wondering if anyone here knows what the trans oil pressure is on the "dash gauge"? The oem "don't run-run" gauge is inop. I am replacing it with a standard oil press gauge, but the books don't say what the actual operating pres is supposed to be. PD
I don't consider myself an "operator" or a "mechanic", I just make piles of dirt and brush, and fix my own stuff!

#2 Drott-150

Drott-150

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:43 AM

On my 150 the normal clutch operating pressure (i.e. the "green zone" on the dash gage) is between 170-190 psi. I suspect yours would be somewhere in this ballpark too.

#3 papaduck

papaduck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

Thanks for the reply. good thing I ordered the 0-400 psi gauge. PD
I don't consider myself an "operator" or a "mechanic", I just make piles of dirt and brush, and fix my own stuff!

#4 papaduck

papaduck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:49 AM

ok got gauges installed. it ran 32psi in neutral and 80 in fwd and rev, (oh goody pump rebuild time). I called dressta dealer i am getting parts from to see about kits. he sent me to service and was informed my service manual is missing pages! he infomed me psi should read 44+/- nuetral and 75+/- in gear (whew!) he is sending those pages now. Am waiting on my pinion bushings so I can get her crawling again with new clutches and brakes. Just info for anyone else working on a 500. also he says the reversers can be pretty noise on these machines.

Reply to this topic