5. 3088 mfd

#12 Dr. EVIL

Dr. EVIL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,234 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:01 AM

Interesting topic. Not ALL the Letter series have been done. But getting close. All I really want is a Stg II Super H. There was a Stg I done several years ago, I think for the FFA or toy show. I mean, Ertl has done the straight H, only one of the two SH's, about four flavors of the 300, and three or four of the 350.

Since a seriously reworked set of dies would be needed, maybe this would be better handled by Spec-Cast, or one of the resin modelers. It really doesn't matter to me. The more detail the better. But since Stg II SH's are really sought after, and sell for more money, there has to be demand out there for the model.

#13 Tripp

Tripp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

Dr Evil - touches on a very important point: tooling (and is right in his entire 2nd paragraph).

The problem with variations of a major type with toys made in China is that they'll build them, but they want to make many, many thousands of a certain body type. They don't like/do low production runs very well especially with a die change. They'll make tooling for a certain body style, then run batches of a model with or with out a cab, decal variations, color, tire and accessory variations and that's about it.

I've been told by those close to the industry, that the factories where these toys are made, just don't make toys - they make ANYTHING! They operate almost like "mercenaries" for the manufacturing world. In fact, inside a given factory which is huge, one line may be making a certain car part, another a vacuum cleaner, another a radio, another a power tool, etc etc etc, To stop a line and change products, the Chinese want to build LOTS of whatever it is. So as long as toy tractors are made in China, "low interest" models will be a long time coming, if ever, in getting produced.

That's why US manufacturers who still make toys in the US are the last hope for many toys already noted on everyone's wish list. They run lower production, but you get a unique toy. They are not cheaper and may in fact be more expensive - some may argue you won't get the detail of toys being made in China, as they can make detailed toys cheaper.

Is this good or bad? It depends what you like (detail, variations and cost)! If you want every variation of the 66 series as we are seeing right now, then great! If you're hoping for a 674 or 414 or 786, etc etc etc, then you may be waiting another 30-40 years!

The real hope is that tractors made for toy shows in North America by US manufacturers and made in the US, are the real hope for some unique models. My advice: if you know someone in the industry, lobby hard!

#14 ertlerik

ertlerik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:22 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

These two in 1/16 would make me a happy boy 4 sure, 1460 and 4690 ;)
I have the IH 496 disk to go with the 4690 already.
Posted Image

#15 international3088MFD

international3088MFD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Farming, Big boy toys, hopelessly addicted to diesel and horsepower, ..and IH. duh.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:42 PM

I'd like to see these precisions

1. 7220
2. 666 wide front
3. 4366
4. 1460
5. 3088 mfd

i agree! :D

WEGMAN FARMS: 325 acres of corn, beans, oats and alfalfa crop rotation.
80 cow Holstein milking operation.

Tractors on the Farm: Case IH MX Magnum 200, MX Magnum 180, McCormick MTX 135, Case IH MX 110, IH 686 D312 diesel, Farmall DX55, Farmall Super M, stage II, Case 650 dozer. IH 1420 combine. Run Red

My Tractors: 1972 IH 1066, 1957 Farmall 350, 1950 Farmall H, Cub Cadet 100, Cub Cadet 682. Cub Cadet 149, 1951 Massey Harris 44, 350 V-8 conversion tractor.

SEARCHING FOR: International 966 Diesel. Serial number: 29192
Gone but not forgotten: International 3088 open station w/ Elwood MFD

012~1.gif

#16 poneykeg

poneykeg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:fishing, mowing our 11 acres of grass

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

One of the posts mentioned the td9 and loader, reminded me of the big,big TD24 with rubber tracks I had. It and other toys were lost in a house fire in 1949. I was seven then and while living with agrandparent while house was built Dad brought home a L170 Yellow dump truck and a l170 yellow semi with a single axle red van trailer. I wander now if those might have been models to introduce the new style trucks??? just have to add!!!!! we were going to have running water and inside john in the new house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are any of those models remain?

#17 M Diesel

M Diesel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,352 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

I had a TD24 as well. It got damaged and Dad made a set of steel tracks for it, wood undercarriage frame and a hefty steel blade. Made serious tracks in the dirt. :)

Personally I would like a TD18 or a 9 as well. The 18 was made into several toys way back when but those are pretty much long gone. None were very good though that I have seen. They did make/made a nice TD14 hyd and TD24 cable fairly recently and I have those.

We didn't have inside toilet when I left the place in 74. Running water sometimes. No hot water.
Gary M
1951 M -- 1951 MD
1953 Super C -- 1957 Farmall 450
1953 TD9 "Ichabod JR" aka "Icky"
1949 TD18 "Brutus" -- 1956 TD18-182 "Yard Dog"
1964 Loadstar 1600 -- 1975 Loadstar 1700 dump truck
1949 Massey 44

#18 Michael Halsall

Michael Halsall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts
  • Interests:Engines from TITANs to TURBO diesels.

McCormick-Deering & McCormick standard tread tractors.

Classic Crawlers

IH Corporate History

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:17 AM

I would like to see the " W " line of tractors. There is already enough h&m's out there. In the west every farm had a W4, 6, or 9. A Super W6 would be great, still use it once & awhile.

ERTL did make a 1;16 scale International ID-9 Industrial tractor.
i don't know why they didn't make a McCormick WD-9 which was a more mainstream model
The ID-9 they made was essentially a "farm" version of the ID-9 (red paint , belt pulley etc.)

A Super W6-TA would make a very exciting model as would a Super WDR-9 Rice Field Special!

Regards from Michael H. B)

P.S. Australia, with its focus on wheat farming, had a similar concentration of "W" series tractors as Canada and the US Wheat Belt.
Come to think of it, a model of an Australian Super AWD-6 or a British Super BWD-6 would make really desirable 1;16 model tractors!

#19 Michael Halsall

Michael Halsall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts
  • Interests:Engines from TITANs to TURBO diesels.

McCormick-Deering & McCormick standard tread tractors.

Classic Crawlers

IH Corporate History

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:28 PM

Two 1/16 models that I would like to see Ertl produce would take small modifications of their existing molds. I would like to see a WDR-9 offered on both steel and on the big R&C rubber (could build from the basic WD-9 mold with modifications). I would also like to see a Farmall B-450 NF (could build from the basic SMD NF mold with modifications). I wonder if Ertl ever takes suggestions or do they just build what they want to?

Harold H

Two 1/16 models that I would like to see Ertl produce would take small modifications of their existing molds. I would like to see a WDR-9 offered on both steel and on the big R&C rubber (could build from the basic WD-9 mold with modifications). I would also like to see a Farmall B-450 NF (could build from the basic SMD NF mold with modifications).

Harold H

A Farmall B-450 1/16 model would need to have the magneto removed and a diiferent shaped fuel pump to make it true to life size.
There were other minor difference in headlights etc. from the Super MD.
I believe I have seen a picture of a wide fronted Farmall B-450 model. Not Ertl, probably not 1/16 either.

Regards from Michael H. B)

#20 Coyote Crossing

Coyote Crossing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:International 500 dozer, trees, woodworking and boating

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

I would like to see International 500 dozer with or without a winch.