Photo

2012 Ontario Toy Show tractor is a.........

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tripp

Tripp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

766, wide front, white panel, no ROPs,......!!

This will once again be produced by Scale Models, and will be the first white panel 766 to be made. I'm looking forward to it!!

I'll post more info on price, etc in the next couple days.

#2 Tripp

Tripp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

To save time and effort I grabbed one of these 'tear off sheets' and simply scanned it and attached it.

Attached Files

#3 cougar766

cougar766

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts
  • Interests:Farmall, Massey Harris/ Ferguson, My wife and kids then farming
    My 1972 766D, daughter's 1960 460G, son's 1956 400G,

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

cool just might have to order one for my collection

#4 MAB

MAB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

While beggers cannot be choosers, I would have prefered a Black Stripe. I am biased, as we have a Black Stripe. Too bad BS's are neglected as scale models. Ertl has provided us with great 66 series model's recently.... no 766 Black Stripe.

Why is the 766 generally disregarded as a member of the 66 series family?

#5 Tripp

Tripp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

Hi MAB....!

For this year, I lobbied for a special run of 766 BS's as a very limited collectors, either as a set or alone, and/or serial numbered and/or autographed and/or randomly inserted. Due to licensing issues, costs, and logistics it didn't work. The only 766 BS that has been made (so far) is a narrow front end version from a couple years back.

I've been told by insiders that the popularity of a toy is directly related related to the popularity of the real tractor. There were about 5 times as many real 1066's made as there were 766's, so that's why you see more 1066 toys as they are more popular. I'm of the same view with 86 series 'tri-stripes'. Again, the real ones weren't made for very long compared to white-side versions, so as a toy not many variants have been made - so far. A great example of this thinking at work: a 786 has NEVER been made as of yet.

I've been also lobbying for a 74 series for years, either a 574 or 674, as none were ever made in the era these tractors were built. Given the realities of the industry all I can do is keep asking!

#6 MAB

MAB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

Yes! A 74 series would be neat to see, so would something like a B-414. The 74 series was very popular. On behalf of us black stripe fans, thanks for trying!