6 replies to this topic

#1 Farmall 706

Farmall 706

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

Can I take a IH 710 5 -16 spring reset plow and remove a bottom to pull behind my 706 with out too much trouble?

#2 FarmallTom

FarmallTom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,195 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

Probably, yes.... Although, I wouldn't necessarily say, "without too much trouble"...
...Or you could just trade it to me for a 5-14's... :P :D

-FT

- You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the industrious out of it.
-You don't multiply wealth by dividing it.
- Government cannot give anything to anybody that it doesn't first take from somebody else.
- Whenever somebody receives something without working for it, somebody else has to work for it without receiving.
- The worst thing that can happen to a nation is for half of the people to get the idea they don't have to work because somebody else will work for them, and the other half to get the idea that it does no good to work because they don't get to enjoy the fruits of their labor.
-Adrian Pierce Rogers

"We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."
-Winston Churchill

"Since we ought to be no less persuaded that the propitious smiles of Heaven, can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right, which Heaven itself has ordained"

-George Washington

#3 Moparmike90

Moparmike90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

A 4-16 with a diesel 706 wouldn't be a problem in the soil we've got in my area. I'm not sure about the gassers...or what fuel yours is.

We pull 5-16 with packer & pony drill with our 806.

#4 706wheatland

706wheatland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:Farming with Red and growing Green crops.

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

Too much plow for the tractor. I'd go with a 4-16.

#5 TP from Central PA

TP from Central PA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,889 posts
  • Interests:Collecting IH's and brand X tractors...................Looking for more!

Basically if it is Junk, I like it!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

You could have let me have it for two days last week...........I could have pulled the bottom off in the field and saved you some work :mellow: :rolleyes: ;)

TP's notebook, Winter 2014..............Case/IH Parts man- "Once you have a Gleaner you gain the comforting knowledge that you are stuck at the bottom of the food chain in the combine world with no hope of ever going up"............."Every time I climb into a sound-guard cab I feel like the Apollo Astronauts did when they climbed through the hatch".............."Farmers are making way to much money when the rural bank remodels both the front AND rear entrance"...................."Horses eat money and S**T work"- Famous Red power member.

#6 George 2

George 2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

Yes just bolt the back end up one furrow to the front. The only problem is you need a shorter steering arm. Just go to the wrecking yard and find one off a 4 - 16 plow.

#7 706

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:05 AM

Yes just bolt the back end up one furrow to the front. The only problem is you need a shorter steering arm. Just go to the wrecking yard and find one off a 4 - 16 plow.

the plow will not pull straight if you dont move the pull beam

Reply to this topic