#1 oak hill farmall family

oak hill farmall family

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:farmall letter series tractors and there attachments

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

posting these pics for coffeecreek, you will have to ask him what happened when we got it home. hehehe
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"CROPS ARE GREEN-TRACTORS ARE RED"
"the only way to learn is to ask questions"
43 farmall h
55 farmall 300 row crop
51 super a
46 international I-4
1995 I H 4700 flatbed

#2 oak hill farmall family

oak hill farmall family

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

oh sorry it is a td 6 diesel
43 farmall h
55 farmall 300 row crop
51 super a
46 international I-4
1995 I H 4700 flatbed

#3 coffeecreek

coffeecreek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:11 AM

First off thank you to Bob at Oak hill . He volunteered to go get it and keep me from overloading my trailer :huh: Nice to have the right rig for the job . :D Then he even tried to make me a truck driver on the way back ( with little success I might add :P ) This is the one TD6 accidently advertised a week ago ( BJ, I had already scolded him ;) ) Mdiesel we was comm'n to save you and the wayward dumptruck when we got sidetracked and figgured this little fella needed save'n worse than you :P ( hows that for an excuse Tim ) Runs good , steers , and drives good . undercarriage , ahhh well not so good . What Bob was tease'n about was when we got it home and tried to unload it , it wouldn't start . two battery's and a jumper cable later I gave up and pulled it off the trailer. :( Kinda embarassing when you got witness's ( including Dad , neighbors , and members of this forum who tell on you :P ) and your new toy is broke . I'm guess'n corroded connections from sitting . After Bob left , I pulled it . Rolled 2 feet and was running ( on gas , then switched over ) , so Dad did get to see it was running . :lol: Was told it was a 56 , has distributor , belly pan and grill guard . Uncle mike will be happy , no pig iron yet :P Anybody remember logging with this one in logan county Ohio ?

#4 LoggerLee

LoggerLee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:Tractors,guns,trucks,antique equipment.

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:57 AM

Pretty cool, is it rude to ask what ya paid for it?
I've been looking at a couple of them, but the asking price seem a little high to me, maybe they are a little like little yellow buggers of bout' the same size that seem to always go for $5-6000

Super tight tracks...you know there's a couple different problems when they get that tight...
1 T20
1 TD14A
3 TD9s
And some TD14 street tracks and chains and sprockets I'd like to sell.

International Harvester crawler group on Facebook http://www.facebook....57096181046179/

#5 M Diesel

M Diesel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

Well, I got nothing to say about loose connections. :rolleyes: And when they decide not to start there isn't much that can be done about it. A bigger crowd only invokes spite from the tractor gods. I like the stack.

That idler has a bit of tilt?
Gary M
1951 M -- 1951 MD
1953 Super C -- 1957 Farmall 450
1953 TD9 "Ichabod JR" aka "Icky"
1949 TD18 "Brutus" -- 1956 TD18-182 "Yard Dog"
1964 Loadstar 1600 -- 1975 Loadstar 1700 dump truck
1949 Massey 44

#6 oak hill farmall family

oak hill farmall family

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

I had fun coffee,and you did better than I did my first time with that truck :blink:
43 farmall h
55 farmall 300 row crop
51 super a
46 international I-4
1995 I H 4700 flatbed

#7 coffeecreek

coffeecreek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

I think he's being polite "bout my truck'n :D Thanks again

Mdiesel , good eye .I saw it in the picture he sent before we even went . The adjusters are all the way out and the front idler is tipped forward . Track frame is bent/twisted , and has been welded , after that it was welded , and then it was welded . Sprockets and pads are both sharp . Chains are worn through the bushings into the pins , and the rollers have grooves worn into them deep enough to wear on the outside of the pins. So I ain't kidding when I say it needs everything from the finals out . But it does run well , and turn . And the stack is priceless :P , I thought about adding a second one just for you :lol:

Chris , I am in no way complaining , between the pictures you sent and prior experience it is exactly what I expected . I'm still happy :D .

Lee all I'll say is he was asking $1300 , there was some trading , and I believe all parties got a good deal ;) Gary would kill for that motor for his MD. :lol:

Got a couple of questions , I didn't check the ser # yet ( believe it or not it's snowing here right now ) was told it was a 56 . Has a distributor and the handle in the dash for shutters , haven't got into it to see if the shutters are there . Did diesels have shutters , or just the kero. ? My 53 has a mag , thought all the original series had mags ?

Wife is happy , her way of thinking more things left than came back :huh: I ain't gonna argue ;)

#8 to_many_irons

to_many_irons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:.tired iron most any kind.gear head at heart

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

pics look good . no mass blood loss . no torn up equiment . all is well then .
very nice machine .

#9 LoggerLee

LoggerLee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:Tractors,guns,trucks,antique equipment.

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

My recently acquired TD9 has some shutter parts on it, the shutters themselves are missing but its got the little crank on the right side of the firewall and some stuff behind the grille. They must have put them on Diesels too.

I think you did pretty good :)
1 T20
1 TD14A
3 TD9s
And some TD14 street tracks and chains and sprockets I'd like to sell.

International Harvester crawler group on Facebook http://www.facebook....57096181046179/

#10 M Diesel

M Diesel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

They were all optioned for shutters and they were useful. I have had to cover the radiators in really cold weather. Distributors were available from the very beginning but were not common until the late 40s. Mags were optional up through the number series tractors like the 450/650 and the TD9-91, basically until those engine series (along with the gas starts) were dropped.

Right now $1300 for an engine would be a very good deal indeed. A new set of 4 1/8" pistons/sleeves is $1650.

Btw, we really need more pictures. Don't be afraid to zoom out for some panoramic scenic views, with nearby landmarks and such...
Gary M
1951 M -- 1951 MD
1953 Super C -- 1957 Farmall 450
1953 TD9 "Ichabod JR" aka "Icky"
1949 TD18 "Brutus" -- 1956 TD18-182 "Yard Dog"
1964 Loadstar 1600 -- 1975 Loadstar 1700 dump truck
1949 Massey 44

Reply to this topic