Test picture

6 replies to this topic

#1 MIsparky

MIsparky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Farming, hunting, and motorsports.. and sharing them with my kids. I have recently started farming on my own, and in the process rejuvenating my family's farm.

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

Did it work?
my stable includes a '59 460, '80 3588, '82 5488, & '87 1680

#2 MIsparky

MIsparky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Farming, hunting, and motorsports.. and sharing them with my kids. I have recently started farming on my own, and in the process rejuvenating my family's farm.

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

How about Now?

Attached Thumbnails

• P6050340.JPG

#3 rsscott

rsscott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Interests:Police pistol competition, audio video church work, all IH. Own two Blsck Stripe 1066 and awaiting the right 5488 MFD to come along. Also, want to own a Hydro as part of my collection.

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

Tell us about the picture! It worked.

#4 MIsparky

MIsparky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

This is the first day of planting in my first crop year. Our first day happened to be on June 5th during one of the wettest springs on record. It was wetter than I would have liked, but ended up turning out well. My son is overseeing my progress. The tractor is my dads old 1066 that we reserected last year from a destiny of a salvage yard with a fresh major on the motor, Turbo, clutch, ta, radiator, injection pump, seat, fenders, and muffler. Paint is in the future.

#5 rsscott

rsscott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Interests:Police pistol competition, audio video church work, all IH. Own two Blsck Stripe 1066 and awaiting the right 5488 MFD to come along. Also, want to own a Hydro as part of my collection.

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

Nice tractor and even better looking family. Love to hear about family tractors and thanks for sharing the story with us. Did a good job on the 1066 and posting pictures. I wish everyone in America was as good as I have always found red tractor farmers to be.

#6 tony in ca.

tony in ca.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
  • Interests:Family, Farming, Letter & hundred series tractors & equipment in particular, and, all things I.H.in general
    With a fondness for 50-60's I.H. L.P.'s
    Member: I.H.C.C.Chapter #14, Calif.& National I.H. Collectors.
    Member: Edge & TA Branch #8 & 209
    Member: Volunteer Committee World Ag Expo. Tulare, Ca.
    Member: Volunteer Committee Calif.Farm Antique Equipment Show. Tulare, Ca.(C.A.F.E.S.)

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

#7 tony in ca.

tony in ca.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
  • Interests:Family, Farming, Letter & hundred series tractors & equipment in particular, and, all things I.H.in general
    With a fondness for 50-60's I.H. L.P.'s
    Member: I.H.C.C.Chapter #14, Calif.& National I.H. Collectors.
    Member: Edge & TA Branch #8 & 209
    Member: Volunteer Committee World Ag Expo. Tulare, Ca.
    Member: Volunteer Committee Calif.Farm Antique Equipment Show. Tulare, Ca.(C.A.F.E.S.)

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

Reply to this topic