Photo

2072 Question

3 replies to this topic

#1 852072

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:38 AM

Did Cub Cadet ever make a 2072 with a manual transmission from the factory? Or is there any way of fitting one of a different model onto a 2072.
1984 Cub Cadet 2072 Hydro
Getting a set of 21/2" chrome stacks soon

#2 Dr. EVIL

Dr. EVIL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

Nope, they were ALL hydro's. The 3-spd gear drive rearend bolts right up to the frame but all the hydro linkages have to be removed, and the clutch & brake linkages added. And what would have to be done would depend on if you installed an Internal ot external brake GD rearend. Plus you'd need the clutch linkage. Drive shaft would be totally custom, the bigger CC's are 5-6 inches longer between the steering column and the seat.

The hydro charge pump powers your power steering & hydraulics so that would be gone unless you installed some other type of pump, And if you have individual brakes on each rear wheel they could be made to work but not sure how you would make up the linkage.

#3 852072

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:08 AM

thanks i was just wandering cause im planning on turning one into a puller and i wan ted something thats was strongerr than the factory hydro
1984 Cub Cadet 2072 Hydro
Getting a set of 21/2" chrome stacks soon

#4 Dr. EVIL

Dr. EVIL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

Actually, from what I've read on Midwest Super Cub's forum the SGT's, (Super Garden Tractors) don't really make great pullers. The longer frame makes them harder to get the balance right. Unless your building something with a LOT of HP the shorter frames of the regular CC's seem to pull better, are just as strong, and are a LOT cheaper.

I'd hate to see you put a lot of work & money into making a 2072 puller and be disappointed.

Reply to this topic