Photo

Farm Show tractor give away- It's red this time!

8 replies to this topic

#1 brewcrew

brewcrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:13 AM

Haven't yet renewed my Farm Show subscription, so they sent me another reminder, along with the yearly tractor give away contest. One year it was one of those cheap China tractors, last year was a 4020 that was restored. This year it is a 1206!!!! They give info about it clearly taken straight from tractordata. They claim only 1289 built- which I thought was low. Looked it up and tractordata.com says the same thing- until you click on the FARMALL version, which lists something like 8000..... :rolleyes:

#2 Guest_1966IH504_*

Guest_1966IH504_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:39 AM

I still have one of the sweepstakes entry forms for the 4020 and came across it the other day.

Thanks for the info on the current sweepstakes give-away. Hadn't seen anything about it.

Those Chinese junk tractors are getting too common, especially in various magazine advertisements.

#3 john e. grott

john e. grott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,685 posts
  • Interests:If i can help with anything is all i want to do .

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:36 PM

I still have one of the sweepstakes entry forms for the 4020 and came across it the other day.

Thanks for the info on the current sweepstakes give-away. Hadn't seen anything about it.

Those Chinese junk tractors are getting too common, especially in various magazine advertisements.

Glad you posted this , i would love to have a restored 1206 sitting in my shed . I just got my copy the otherday , i'll have to look threw it and see if i have an entery blank.
JOHN E . GROTT

#4 660 driver

660 driver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,710 posts
  • Interests:Tractor pulling and workin on old binders. 660,F-20,30,14,12,W-30,460gas,1947 M,22-36,'53 Super M,IHC model "M" hit and miss,and allis chalmers c.

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:49 PM

Great post i think i will instuct dad to enter!
Everybody bleeds red!

#5 Mark (EC,IN)

Mark (EC,IN)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:47 AM

Is this the " Farm Show" publication that is printed kind of like a news paper?

It has articles that tell how someone has turned his old MF510 combine into a spaceship fueled by old leaf compost?

Always has a section call "Farmers Best and Worst Buys"?

If it is, I've subscribed for years and never knew about a tractor give away. Looked at my current issue, which said I had one more issue till my subscription expired (said look above your name on label), and it also had a subscription form glued inside the back page.

I looked high and low and found nothing about a tractor give away................what am I missing?

#6 Art From DeLeon

Art From DeLeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,348 posts
  • Location:De Leon, Texas (Raised between Dunlap and Soldier, Iowa)

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:08 AM

It has articles that tell how someone has turned his old MF510 combine into a spaceship fuel by old leaf compost?

What an apt description!

#7 brewcrew

brewcrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:42 AM

It has articles that tell how someone has turned his old MF510 combine into a spaceship fuel by old leaf compost?

If it is, I've subscribed for years and never knew about a tractor give away. Looked at my current issue, which said I had one more issue till my subscription expired (said look above your name on label), and it also had a subscription form glued inside the back page.

I looked high and low and found nothing about a tractor give away................what am I missing?

Yup, that's the magazine I'm talking about! lol
perhaps they only send the contest form out trying to get people to subscribe. Maybe let your subscription run out? Contest runs till the end of April.

#8 495man

495man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Interests:IH Farm Equipment

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:54 PM

I haven't subscribed in years and I got an entry form!

#9 7and8and1456

7and8and1456

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:11 PM

Who won the 4020? Wasn't me !!!!

Reply to this topic