#1 Matthew Sell

Matthew Sell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:08 PM

I'd really like to see a couple of new forums added:

1) For sale/wanted: I'm sure others have asked for this, but I think it would be nice to have a place to post messages of IH items for sale and wanted.

For example, every now and then a Craigslist ad appears for a old IH crawler or special vehicle, and even though I'm not selling the item and have nothing to gain from it's sale, I'd like to be able to sent out a message so that maybe a forum member could take advantage of the sale and save the equipment. I'd also like to be able to post wanted messages for things that probably exist in somebody's junk pile and wouldn't necessarily show up on eBay. Living in Washington, the chances of making an IH show in Iowa, Indiana, Wisconsin, or other place where this stuff is popular isn't very great.

2) A separate forum for IH/Farmall/McCormick tractors. I find that questions related to tractors (such as hydraulics) get buried within general discussion. My opinion is that it would be nicer for someone like to to keep an eye on the "tractor" forum, knowing that the messages there would be related to tractors and not just "general" in nature.

Thanks!

Matt

#2 Murph

Murph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Antique tractors and machinery. Anything old or ugly.

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:31 PM

What about a forum for implements and machinery?
"Success has many fathers, but failure is an orphan"
John F. Kennedy

#3 JamesW

JamesW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:03 PM

While on that thought of new forums.... I think the same can apply to "Engines"..... I have always thought it was for stationary engines, instead it is full of tractor, truck and other engines. So tractor and truck guys have to trawl two forums, and stationary engine users have to wade through all the irevelent chaff... Which to be honest I just don't bother... however I did not create the forum and don't know it's intent.

Perhaps a forum name change, or a pined topic of the content intended for the forum would help

#4 Nebraska Cowman

Nebraska Cowman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:02 AM

I'm just the opposite. Too many forums confuse me. I like everything on one page.

2014-logo_halfsize_zpse221cc32.png

banner_Small_zpsc85524b6.jpg
See You in Huron SD June 26-28 2014

Nebraska Cowman

#5 jayjy

jayjy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:34 PM

How about a place for pictures, would be cool to be able to look at all the vintage pics in one place. Maybe even have them sorted by year, model, and categories etc... Just thinking out loud.

#6 oneharvester

oneharvester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Interests:international tractors ,ih farm toys , ih memoribilia, my cattle,my family,

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

i like the wanted /for sale idea . maybe original ih stuff only!
long live red

#7 international3088MFD

international3088MFD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  • Interests:Farming, Big boy toys, hopelessly addicted to diesel and horsepower, ..and IH. duh.

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:02 PM

I'm just the opposite. Too many forums confuse me. I like everything on one page.

x2

i already have to keep track of general IH and coffee shop! let alone checking the other sub-forums.

classified and ads? dream on. it wont happen because of revenue. as said by moderator Farmall Fan.

WEGMAN FARMS: 325 acres of corn, beans, oats and alfalfa crop rotation.
80 cow Holstein milking operation.

Tractors on the Farm: Case IH MX Magnum 200, MX Magnum 180, McCormick MTX 135, Case IH MX 110, IH 686 D312 diesel, Farmall DX55, Farmall Super M, stage II, Case 650 dozer. IH 1420 combine. Run Red

My Tractors: 1972 IH 1066, 1957 Farmall 350, 1950 Farmall H, Cub Cadet 100, Cub Cadet 682. Cub Cadet 149, 1951 Massey Harris 44, 350 V-8 conversion tractor.

SEARCHING FOR: International 966 Diesel. Serial number: 29192
Gone but not forgotten: International 3088 open station w/ Elwood MFD

012~1.gif

#8 mikem

mikem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts
  • Location:N.E. South Dakota (half way between Henry and Raymond)

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:46 AM

How about a Charge of a few bucks to put an ad on a forum.
Paypal would work .
Just a thought.
Mike

#9 hillman

hillman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Interests:IH tractors in general, cars and life

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:13 AM

Paypal would work .
Just a thought.
Mike

That wouldn't help sell magazines. Keep in mind this forum is sponsored by a magazine . The owners must make money and this forum is a courtesy not something they owe us

. The Admin know how they want the board run IMHO and whenever someone has a new idea it just uses more time for the Admin. The more sections the more ppl post in wrong sections and it becomes an Admin nightmare keeping it organized. Photo galleries I have seen on my car forums never get visited

Just speaking from my own experiences so please don't take it personal

just my 2 cents

#10 FarmallFan

FarmallFan

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,800 posts
  • Location:Hicksville, Ohio (don't laugh!!) NW OHIO 1.5 miles from Farmer OH
  • Interests:IH tractors and Equipment, Web design, Computer repair, basically anything technology related.

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:20 AM

Paypal would work .
Just a thought.
Mike

That wouldn't help sell magazines. Keep in mind this forum is sponsored by a magazine . The owners must make money and this forum is a courtesy not something they owe us

. The Admin know how they want the board run IMHO and whenever someone has a new idea it just uses more time for the Admin. The more sections the more ppl post in wrong sections and it becomes an Admin nightmare keeping it organized. Photo galleries I have seen on my car forums never get visited

Just speaking from my own experiences so please don't take it personal

just my 2 cents

Could not have said it better myself.

BJ
Owner of a 1941 Farmall H that is waiting to be painted.

Reply to this topic