6 replies to this topic

#1 mdntspec

mdntspec

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:05 AM

another future project rescued from the scrap heap.....just what I needed!!!!! LOL

Anyone know the make/model of this??? The seller thought maybe a JD, but not sure....

There are no tags or markings anywhere, except on the backside of the wheels....
but that just seems to be the foundry casting ID....

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_3815a.jpg
  • 100_3820a.jpg

RETIRED (as of 10/01/08) mobile equipment repairman from GM PowerTrain-Flint North - home of the 3800 V-6 (also now retired) :(
--------------------------------------------------------
1940 H, 1943 H, 1947 M, 1956 200 & assorted implements - Big 6 mower, 2 Little Genius plows, C-294 & C-295A plows, C-254 cultivators, HM-251 cultivators & bean pullers, C-72 blade, + more "treasures" than i have time for...... but my wife keeps finding them for me, so who am i to disappoint her?

#2 Moparmike90

Moparmike90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:51 AM

It is indeed what the wheel says it is. It was made by the Duplex Manufacturing Company in Omaha, NE. They went out of business somewhere around 1960.
I've seen one similar to that up here quite a few years ago. I think it was at the Andover, SD threshing show but I'm not positive anymore. I can't help you out with a model number though.
The one I saw still had the steering carriage up front though. Two more steel wheels like the rear wheels on a pivoting carriage about where yours has the tractor hitch attached now.
They also used to make a "one-way" disc plow and other tillage & road building equipment too.

Duplex motor graders were powered by Oliver/Waukesha drivetrains, that's probably why they stick in my head. I like them dark green critters. :)

#3 jwal10

jwal10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Old Farmalls, Old Chevy trucks,woodworking

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:53 AM

http://www.nebraskah...agriculture.htm

4th item down....James

#4 jwal10

jwal10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:00 AM

And to tie it to IHC....James

http://www.wisconsin...rd.asp?id=59871

#5 jwal10

jwal10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:04 AM

It is indeed what the wheel says it is. It was made by the Duplex Manufacturing Company in Omaha, NE. They went out of business somewhere around 1960.
I've seen one similar to that up here quite a few years ago. I think it was at the Andover, SD threshing show but I'm not positive anymore. I can't help you out with a model number though.
The one I saw still had the steering carriage up front though. Two more steel wheels like the rear wheels on a pivoting carriage about where yours has the tractor hitch attached now.

They also used to make a "one-way" disc plow and other tillage & road building equipment too.

Duplex motor graders were powered by Oliver/Waukesha drivetrains, that's probably why they stick in my head. I like them dark green critters. :)

http://books.google.com/books?id=DDkO1gjDJAIC&pg=PA38&lpg=PA38&dq=road+grader+made+by+Duplex+manufacturing,+omaha+nebraska&source=bl&ots=wcR_A4WBb3&sig=Oqru1TSAp_UZ4DZQTEC4ZuQnU6M&hl=en&ei=9leQTrL0Oe7YiALPq8jNCA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CFcQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=road%20grader%20made%20by%20Duplex%20manufacturing%2C%20omaha%20nebraska&f=false

....James

#6 John cub owner

John cub owner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:43 PM

We used to have a similar one that we used to grade the road, but it was smaller, I believe it was marked as a land leveler rather than a grader.

#7 mdntspec

mdntspec

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:41 PM

Thanks for the info.....if anyone ever runs across a picture of one, please send it to me.
I want to repair the tongue, and add a front set of wheels to it.
If I could come close to origiinal, that would be great.
RETIRED (as of 10/01/08) mobile equipment repairman from GM PowerTrain-Flint North - home of the 3800 V-6 (also now retired) :(
--------------------------------------------------------
1940 H, 1943 H, 1947 M, 1956 200 & assorted implements - Big 6 mower, 2 Little Genius plows, C-294 & C-295A plows, C-254 cultivators, HM-251 cultivators & bean pullers, C-72 blade, + more "treasures" than i have time for...... but my wife keeps finding them for me, so who am i to disappoint her?

Reply to this topic