need help building a 361..

24 replies to this topic

#1 tiemanfarms

tiemanfarms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:IH tractors , tractor pulling, FORD TRUCKS ..farming and hunting...pulling is my job, working is my hobby..well atleast id like to think so

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:08 PM

was lookin for ways to make more power on my 806 was looking to pull it.. any helpful advise?

#2 ST-470

ST-470

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:33 PM

Turbocharge it.

#3 tiemanfarms

tiemanfarms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:IH tractors , tractor pulling, FORD TRUCKS ..farming and hunting...pulling is my job, working is my hobby..well atleast id like to think so

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:12 AM

Looking for the screw to turn up the pump.. Is it under the govenor screw on top of the pump? And how can i up the rpms on this roosamaster?is it possible?

#4 tiemanfarms

tiemanfarms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:16 AM

We have added a 1256 manifold a 3lm 466 turbo and working on the pump. I was told i needed. 093 lines.. What kind of injector or nozzles should i go with? Maybe have them jetted?

#5 SMiller

SMiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:12 PM

You need a .450 pump. You are going to have a hard time spinning that 3LM the way it is now.

#6 tiemanfarms

tiemanfarms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:31 PM

And what did a 450 roosa master pump come out on?

#7 tiemanfarms

tiemanfarms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:07 AM

I used a injector line washer and behind the govenor spring to get my rpms up the pump is turned up. But i havent had it on a dyno yet.. Still think i need a 450 the lines and nozzles?i haven't pulled it yet either i just hope i dont get half track and get under the turbo bc of not enough fuel r sumthing. Its definatly trial and error this yr. Im learning.. Id like to have a 3000 rpm cam too but dont know were to look. Im afraid too many rpms could ruin this old 2400 stocker cam.. Guess we will find out soon

#8 tiemanfarms

tiemanfarms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:18 PM

Well i did a lil research and a 450 pump csme on sum crawler tractors.. And last night gettimg tje tractor ready im pretty sure the pump shot craps.. We had been working the air out of the hydro/brake lines tryin to get the steering to work. Oh more trial and error to come im sure

#9 O6'er

O6'er

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:Super A, MTA, Super M, MD, Super MD, 350 Diesel, MTA Diesel, 1206, '68 Scout 800

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:17 AM

My 361 has the stock 370 roosie pump on it, a 3ld schwtizer which makes about 17 lbs of boost, a size bigger injector series and a air to air intercooler and it makes about 210 pto hp. We pull it in the more strict farm classes and it real competive around here. We have a 1256 with a 450 on it and it makes well over 350hp. It should have water inj. on it by the size of the flame out the pipe. We burned out the t/a last week so we put a new super hd t/a in it over the weekend and now I think the clutch is slipping a little so it needs a double disc clutch. Just be aware of that if you go with the 450 - you will end up spending some cash to keep it together.
Other stuff: Super A, MTA, Super M, Super MD, MD, 350 D, Super MDTA , 1206, 1968 Scout 800

#10 tiemanfarms

tiemanfarms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:38 PM

Had a good season this yr . My last pull was sept took 4th got beat by a green 466 and 2 red ones with 466's outta seven tractors.. My head started leaking sum antifreeze the last hook so needing to fire ring the head overhaul the motor I guess slide a Vogel cam in her
But I was wanting to get bigger cubes like 407 .. Unfortunately I havent had any luck finding one.I'm looking for a 407 or I'm thinking of just puttin in oversize pistons int 361 kinda hard to find a 407 crank too.. what would be the best option?any pointers? Here in mid mo not too many ih pulling the heavy farm classes with my sanction i run with.. Been hooking 9500,to 11,500would like it to be 7500 bare .. Lol sum more modifications pot front end cast pc .. Anyways any input would be good .. Thanks

Reply to this topic