856 Dual Hydraulics and Joystick for loader

2 replies to this topic

#1 dmax66

dmax66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:16 AM

I have an 856 with single hydraulics that I want to put a loader on. I am taking the old ih loader off a 706 with dual hydraulics and need to know if I can run that loader off a joystick control valve? Do I need dual hyd to run a JCV and where can I find a good JCV? How involved of a job is it to put dual hyd on an 856? Thanks for any info because I have no knowledge about this.

#2 Cliff Neubauer

Cliff Neubauer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,520 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:04 AM

You don't have to have dual remotes to add a power beyond plate for a joystick but you will have to replace your current valve with an "inside" valve that was used on dual remote tractors. The valve that's on your tractor now is a "closed" valve (not closed center though, still an open center valve) meaning that oil flows into it from the right side (when looking at it from behind) and oil also exits the valve to the right side. On an open or inside valve the oil passes straight through the valve so it can go on to the second valve. You need the open valve so the oil can pass on to the joystick valve then back to the remote valve. You can get a joystick valve from www.surpluscenter.com or other places, you just need an open center valve rated for at least 12 gpm of flow. If you go onto page 2 or 3 of this forum there is a post about putting a loader on a 966 and I posted pictures of the joystick I have on our 1066 in that thread.
Cat 55, MX-240, 5488, 1086, 1066, 1066, 1066, 5140, 826, 706, 656 Hydro, 450, M, M, M, SH, 100, 70, 1724 and KB-5 IH trucks.

#3 FarmallFan

FarmallFan

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • Location:Hicksville, Ohio (don't laugh!!) NW OHIO 1.5 miles from Farmer OH
  • Interests:IH tractors and Equipment, Web design, Computer repair, basically anything technology related.

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:05 AM

You don't have to have dual remotes to add a power beyond plate for a joystick but you will have to replace your current valve with an "inside" valve that was used on dual remote tractors. The valve that's on your tractor now is a "closed" valve (not closed center though, still an open center valve) meaning that oil flows into it from the right side (when looking at it from behind) and oil also exits the valve to the right side. On an open or inside valve the oil passes straight through the valve so it can go on to the second valve. You need the open valve so the oil can pass on to the joystick valve then back to the remote valve. You can get a joystick valve from www.surpluscenter.com or other places, you just need an open center valve rated for at least 12 gpm of flow. If you go onto page 2 or 3 of this forum there is a post about putting a loader on a 966 and I posted pictures of the joystick I have on our 1066 in that thread.

Here is the thread that Cliff is talking about. http://www.redpowerm...showtopic=62751
Owner of a 1941 Farmall H that is waiting to be painted.

Reply to this topic